PDA

View Full Version : C454e series "Memeory Overflow" errors

Custom Search

BHM
06-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Have a customer getting erratic "memory overflow" errors when scanning to smb. Scanning to a 2012 file server with plenty of hard drive space available, scan folder is empty. Ended up bringing them a loaner and it has the same problem. Really erratic. Can not find much info on memory overflow. Scan error log shows scan error 0 which is not a real scan error code.

Any thoughts?

Synthohol
06-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Check the HDD state in service mode. Should have like 170Gb free space.
Anytime I ran into that it was the copier hdd not the destination.
You can backup the machine (soft sw 72 change to hex 04) and in admin mode page 2 there is backup to usb. Select all make a password of 1 or something very simple and plug a 4G or smaller usb in the front panel.
Back ot all up then do a logical format not physical.
Then reenable hdd if needed and load movie data. Then restore the da at a you backed up.
Good luck

BHM
06-11-2018, 09:30 PM
Had 131Gb free on their original machine that is currently in our shop. The loaner that is there is also having the same issue but I have not looked at the free space on that one.

copyman
06-11-2018, 10:08 PM
Agree with Synthohol (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/synthohol.html) . Backup and do a logical format. The HDD in kon/min is primarily used for scanning.

BHM
06-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Agree with Synthohol (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/synthohol.html) . Backup and do a logical format. The HDD in kon/min is primarily used for scanning.

We will try that but both machines (original and loaner) work fine at our office and both have the issue at the customer's office.

Synthohol
06-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Did you try scanning to your laptop?
Also make sure SMB v2\3 is enabled in network settings on copier.
I would plug in my laptop to their network and scan like 100 pages to it and see if there are any errors.
If not it could be a security/protocol/quota issue on their server but I still have only seen that error when the copier hdd is acting stupid.

BHM
06-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Did you try scanning to your laptop?
Also make sure SMB v2\3 is enabled in network settings on copier.
I would plug in my laptop to their network and scan like 100 pages to it and see if there are any errors.
If not it could be a security/protocol/quota issue on their server but I still have only seen that error when the copier hdd is acting stupid.

Set her up to scan to her computer directly instead of the server. Two days now and no problems yet. Going to give it a few more days and have their IT person look at the server again since we "proved" it was not our device.

Custom Search