PDA

View Full Version : C754e mixed media slowdown - adjust fuser temp?

Custom Search

Nglg3000
06-11-2018, 10:37 PM
Hi all,

Is it possible to adjust the fuser temp for different paper types in the service menu on a c754e Pro?

When I print a4 documents with tabs inserted the engine stops and waits about 15 seconds when switching between printing a4 duplex plain and an a4 tab. I unserstand this is the fuser adjusting temperature when switching between the two paper types.

Setting the normal a4 paper to Thick2 stops this waiting time, but then the normal pages print at half the speed of plain paper.

So i want to see if adjusting the fuser temp for tab paper to the same as a4 plain will remove the temperature adjust slowdown when inserting a tab, whilst retaining maximum print speed for the normal a4 pages. This will entail an out of contract paid service visit to test it out by the techs, but before agreeing to that i want to know if this is possible.

Many thanks!

mincopier
06-11-2018, 11:11 PM
I believe the fuser can be adjusted but not in the way you are thinking. For each paper thickness there is a preprogramed range. A max and min temp per thickness. All you can do is go up or down 3-5 steps. Do not remember how many steps. But to bring a thicker setting down to the temp of a lower thickness I do not believe that can be done. Would not advise it either.

Synthohol
06-12-2018, 03:24 AM
pre-print the thick stuff and put it in another tray and use insert function.
had a mixed book once and that helped alot (until it jams) but easily recovered.

wait, are you printing on the tabs?

Nglg3000
06-12-2018, 06:45 AM
pre-print the thick stuff and put it in another tray and use insert function.
had a mixed book once and that helped alot (until it jams) but easily recovered.

wait, are you printing on the tabs?

Thanks both. I thought i had seen a while back that the temp difference was not so big, but can't find the numbers online anymore.

I am printing onto the tabs. Printing the tabs separate and using the post inserter to feed them in does result in faster printing, but many of the tabs tear when post inserting them, plus it slows down the workflow before printing begins.

Nglg3000
06-12-2018, 11:26 AM
It's an older model admittedly but i see the c650 appears to allow adjustment of thick and plain paper to within the same range:

Paper type Setting range step
Plain Paper -20 °C to +5 °C 5 °C
OHP Film -20 °C to +5 °C 5 °C
Thick 1 -20 °C to +5 °C 5 °C
Thick 1+ -20 °C to +5 °C 5 °C
Thick 2 -20 °C to +5 °C 5 °C
Thick 3 -20 °C to +5 °C 5 °C
Thick 4 -20 °C to +5 °C 5 °C
Post. -20 °C to +5 °C 5 °C
Enve. -5 °C to +5 °C 5 °C

Can anyone confirm if this is similar for the c754e - perhaps by checking the service manual? (apologies if this is against the forum rules).

If this is the same then I'm cautiously optimistic of finding a temperature sweet spot that will work ok for both types of media. Quality of image is not very important for us, speed and productivity is key.

Custom Search