PDA

View Full Version : bizhub PRESS 1052 fuser errors

Custom Search

blackcat4866
06-12-2018, 01:10 AM
I got in on the tail end of this group of calls, but you may find it interesting. The machine has got 7M prints, and hasn't had anything extraordinary up to now.

It started with C3903. Then C3904. Then C3906. Then finally C3905. It's had lamps and thermistors replaced several times in the last few weeks. It does not blow the thermistats, but did melt down quite nicely the last time. KM recommended the whole fuser assembly replaced. The only thing I wonder about is the spacing of the non-contacting thermistor ... mainly because I don't know how it was positioned. All the modular connectors are intact, clean and undamaged. When the non-contact thermistor is working correctly you can read CN203 pins 3 & 4: 4.8vdc cold to 1.87vdc stabilized hot.

I wish there was smoking gun, like a lamp wire pinched to ground or a thermistor not touching the roller, but no such luck. The old fuser is taking a little trip to Japan to be examined ... dissected.
=^..^=

allan
06-12-2018, 02:19 AM
End block connectors? Had a bit of ADU movement that got me for a while. But overheating?
I have used the non contact sensor from a B751 before.

Custom Search