PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C308 with IC-416 Fiery - cannot connect to controller

Custom Search

jr84
06-13-2018, 09:53 PM
I have a C308 with a IC-416 that keeps saying cannot connect to the controller, the fiery tile goes grey until the fiery is turned off and back on. The printer also has PaperCut MF on it. I recently updated the FW to GC3-S1 and have now unticked SSL v3 from the PKI settings to allow the fiery to connect at all.

I know the HDD’s have a history of failing, but not sure if it’s more related to the FW and SSL issue...has anyone else had issues with the latest FW and fiery’s?

Synthohol
06-13-2018, 11:43 PM
had same issue last month.
follow each step below especially allow public access. its the only way it will work.
also no need for any special FW, the latest base will work just fine.

Question

How is Authentication with Papercut™ set up with Fiery® controller?

Answer
Perform the following.
1. Public with login has to be enabled, which means that the device in Papercut™ needs an Advanced Configuration setting change, ext-device.konica-minolta.skip-setup set to Y. This prevents Papercut™ from turning off Public Access. When setting up the Public account, restrict all functions not tracked except printing.
2. Print without Authentication should be set to Allow or Full Color/Black
3. Authentication to Active directory (or whatever authentication system is used) has to be set up on the MFP. Use Active Directory with NTLMv2 setting. Note the name that is used.
4. Enter the following setting on Fiery® Printer Driver:
a. Go to "Devices and Printers in Control Panel
b. Select Fiery® Driver and select "Printing Preferences"
c. Go to Fiery® Printing -> Job Info Select Guest check box.
d. Then go to Server Authentication -> Authentication server name
e. In "Authentication Server name" text box, please enter "Server name".

Technical Notes
Papercut™ does not use credentials from the Fiery® ;to print the job.

Custom Search