PDA

View Full Version : service SMTP

Custom Search

Max
06-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Hi. Is there an additional service smtp that can be set up for meter reading/reports on Konika devices as on Kyocera? Perhaps a hidden page or option in maintenance menu/administrator section ?
Thank you

Synthohol
06-20-2018, 12:38 PM
yes there is.
open pagescope and log in as admin and on the left is maintenance.
start there.

bsm2
06-20-2018, 12:44 PM
You may want to think about getting a service called printtracker
runs a small program in background on one pc sends all data to there secure server no email required
works fantastic
every machine data in one place

Max
06-20-2018, 01:23 PM
yes there is.
open pagescope and log in as admin and on the left is maintenance.
start there.

Dont see any aditional fields where I can set up a second SMTP address for meter reading purposes. The reason I ask is because customer smtp is internal scanning only.

Bix
06-20-2018, 04:00 PM
You could try the CSRC (http1 or email communication) ;)

Phil B.
06-20-2018, 08:12 PM
Dont see any aditional fields where I can set up a second SMTP address for meter reading purposes. The reason I ask is because customer smtp is internal scanning only.

Are you logged in as ADMIN? if not that could be why you don't see the other pages.

mincopier
06-20-2018, 10:54 PM
To specify the total counter report settings
1 In the Administrator Setting screen, touch “ Network Setting”.
2 In the Network Setting screen, touch “Detail Setting”.
3 In the Detail Setting screen, touch “Total Counter Report Setting”.
The Total Counter Report Setting screen appears.
4 Specify the desired settings.
5 Touch [Close].

darry1322
06-20-2018, 11:36 PM
Read carefully guys. OP has a machine that can only scan to internal email. What OP is looking for is a way to add a second smtp server that can send to external domains. Kyocera has a special page, https:\\ipaddress.of.the.copier\svcmntrpt , where the servicing company can input the info for their own smtp server that the machine uses to send back service reports. The customer doesn't have access to send mail throug that server setting.

As far as I know. KonicaMinoltas do not have that ability.

NeoMatrix
06-20-2018, 11:50 PM
Read carefully guys. OP has a machine that can only scan to internal email. What OP is looking for is a way to add a second smtp server that can send to external domains. Kyocera has a special page, https:\\ipaddress.of.the.copier\svcmntrpt , where the servicing company can input the info for their own smtp server that the machine uses to send back service reports. The customer doesn't have access to send mail throug that server setting.

How is any SMTP going to leave the building if it's block at the company firewall?
It's akin to wanting a foot bridge across the grand canyon any time you wish for one.

You would still have to seek proper access permissions from the company IT dept for the outside connection.

I like your initiative an enthusiasm though...

Woxner
06-21-2018, 01:10 AM
i used to use scheduling. you can set it to send email. i have also use vcare to send to the company i was at.

darry1322
06-21-2018, 01:14 AM
How is any SMTP going to leave the building if it's block at the company firewall?
It's akin to wanting a foot bridge across the grand canyon any time you wish for one.

You would still have to seek proper access permissions from the company IT dept for the outside connection.

I like your initiative an enthusiasm though...

SMTP can be limited at the server to only send mail within it's own domain. It doesn't require blocking by a firewall. Scanning through their SMTP server only sends to the local domain but using an outside SMTP server still works.

Example: using the company email only allows company addresses as destinations, but if you use your personal email it goes through just fine.

And yes you would get permission from the company IT.

Max
06-21-2018, 09:27 AM

Thank you Darry1322 for actually reading my post and not jumping to the obvious available options under administrator option.
Cheers

kingarthur
06-21-2018, 11:32 AM
what we do, we normally ask their IT to "release" the IP to send, failing that, we get the meter sent to the key operator, and get them to create a rule in their emails to automatically forward it on to us

Custom Search