PDA

View Full Version : User authentication

Custom Search

kingarthur
06-20-2018, 04:25 PM
I've set up user authentication with ID & Print & a card reader, everything works wonderfully......except scanning, if I add an email to the user authentication account, I get login error when trying to scan, to any email address....if I remove the email address, everything works....what have i missed..

bsm2
06-20-2018, 05:01 PM
What Machine? Ricoh you can permit scanning

emujo2
06-20-2018, 07:29 PM
The email address in this field, if filled in, allows for scan to me (email) and scan to me (URL). You would have to have SMTP settings setup and configure it to use the Admin login instead of logged in user email credentials. If you leave it blank then they can just use the address book one touches. Emujo

kingarthur
06-21-2018, 11:40 AM
The email address in this field, if filled in, allows for scan to me (email) and scan to me (URL). You would have to have SMTP settings setup and configure it to use the Admin login instead of logged in user email credentials. If you leave it blank then they can just use the address book one touches. Emujo

We're using 365 for scanning, which is what's set up on our device, unfortunately we have a few customers who now want ID & PRINT, with scan to me,but until i can show them it works they're not interested, we are also trying to use this as a selling point for new customers...

This MFP works fine, with no user authentication set up ,and when it is set up, it's fine until i try to set up scan to me....

bsm2
06-21-2018, 11:57 AM
We're using 365 for scanning, which is what's set up on our device, unfortunately we have a few customers who now want ID & PRINT, with scan to me,but until i can show them it works they're not interested, we are also trying to use this as a selling point for new customers...

This MFP works fine, with no user authentication set up ,and when it is set up, it's fine until i try to set up scan to me....

Why do they need it? We always used account codes. I setup hundreds of installs not one was user auth. I also never liked using account codes either it just makes for needless service calls user training and management.
Plus all the wasted time to input on display all to make a copy or print or scan.

kingarthur
06-21-2018, 12:23 PM
Why do they need it? We always used account codes. I setup hundreds of installs not one was user auth. I also never liked using account codes either it just makes for needless service calls user training and management.
Plus all the wasted time to input on display all to make a copy or print or scan.

user authentication/account codes, it's basically the same thing, but you need user authentication for ID & PRINT. then they just use a swipe card to login....no need to input anything

bsm2
06-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Just more service calls. I know you may a rare customer that sales sold them on the idea or some customer that think they need it for tracking. Good luck

emujo2
06-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Let me see if I can help..Office 365 has it's own issues, but can work, but works better when a 3rd party app is providing the authentication. Here's how it normally works forus..

External authentication ON, (Equitrac, papercut, OM ect..) Scan to me enabled, scan to my email is an AD attribute. SMTP settings are configured on the device, IT has entered a admin name and password for Office 365 authentication. By default, when authentication is enabled the setting for who the MFP sends mail as is set to logged in users email address. This will probably fail as now the MFP is sending mail as "logged in user@company.com, but still using the password entered in the SMTP settings, so you must change this to "use ADMIN email". We also set softswitch 124 to hex 08, and switch 215 to hex 40 for office 365. Office 365 does require SSL enabled.

If you are doing MFP authentication I don't think you can make this work, Externa server (AD at the MFP) might. Emujo

NeoMatrix
06-22-2018, 12:03 AM
DNS server ?

kingarthur
06-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Let me see if I can help..Office 365 has it's own issues, but can work, but works better when a 3rd party app is providing the authentication. Here's how it normally works forus..

External authentication ON, (Equitrac, papercut, OM ect..) Scan to me enabled, scan to my email is an AD attribute. SMTP settings are configured on the device, IT has entered a admin name and password for Office 365 authentication. By default, when authentication is enabled the setting for who the MFP sends mail as is set to logged in users email address. This will probably fail as now the MFP is sending mail as "logged in user@company.com, but still using the password entered in the SMTP settings, so you must change this to "use ADMIN email". We also set softswitch 124 to hex 08, and switch 215 to hex 40 for office 365. Office 365 does require SSL enabled.

If you are doing MFP authentication I don't think you can make this work, Externa server (AD at the MFP) might. Emujo

Many thanks emujo2. you hit it on the head :)

Custom Search