PDA

View Full Version : C-654, not printing...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
06-20-2018, 10:52 PM
I have a high volume customer call today and NO ONE is printing in their office, and they have many users... the print jobs get to the queue in the machine and stay there, and eventually error out.. I have had them reboot the machine as necessary with no success.

Any ideas?

OC

Phil B.
06-20-2018, 11:14 PM
I have a high volume customer call today and NO ONE is printing in their office, and they have many users... the print jobs get to the queue in the machine and stay there, and eventually error out.. I have had them reboot the machine as necessary with no success.
Any ideas?
OC

well have you pinged the unit from a workstation?
have you tried with a laptop and crossover cable? ( sure way to rule out unit )
lights on the NIC?
what error?

copyman
06-21-2018, 12:13 AM
agree with trying your own laptop if you can ping it. don't think you need a crossover cable with 4 series models.

probably not your problem but just had a Biz 552 which I posted about here that was killing me with same symptoms you described, also wouldn't print a config page. Turned out controller detail was set to having a fiery "2" instead of "0" which is standard internal controller that comes with machine. Not sure how it got changed since you have to change it in service mode. Customer had a different issue with broken gear so they turned off for the weekend, when I turned on after replacing the gear they couldn't print. I never thought of checking that setting because I had never seen it change on its on, the few times I saw it was when buying an off lease machine that had a fiery that was removed and never set back to "0". Of course I didn't discover it until after swapping out MFP & hard drive and several hours of labor!
I have found if you can print a config page 99.9 % of the time that means controller is good.

bsm2
06-21-2018, 12:14 AM
Sounds like someone is printing with the wrong print driver.

And hosing the unit

Delete all jobs and then try a test print with the correct driver, you may need to change the ipaddress of the printer
and check every workstation driver

SoCi0pAtH
06-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Is it on a print server?
When was the last time it worked?
Can you print to it directly by IP?

Oystercopy
06-22-2018, 03:08 AM
Fixed it.. the machine had been set to STOP instead of NO STOP in the Stop 0 Clear menus, and the IU's are at end of life...

OC

copyman
06-22-2018, 03:34 AM
Shoot, I forgot about that! I'm just so used to every machine I sell I set to "no" stop. Whether for a contract customer or charge customers I set it always to "NO" stop. I know a lot of unscrupulous dealers who leave it on "stop" for their charge customers only so they are forced to buy consumables! My feeling is there is enough $$$ to be made out there legit without ripping people off! And believe it comes back to you some way. Like the old saying "What goes around, comes around".

Custom Search