PDA

View Full Version : df621 solid state switch

Custom Search

n25an
06-21-2018, 09:11 PM
I was getting a 66-02 error on a a143pp7401... I found that if I replace the rollers and this sensor on the bizhubs it usually works great... but i ordered this sensor for a recent call and recieved a sensor that looked different... it had inverted flat spaces where the diodes for the sensors would be... and it generated an error 0 and a 22 on the display... I am checking if anyone experienced this problem and if they know where I can get the right sensor...

I updated the firmware in hopes that its a design change the firmware could fix

no such luck

its a bizhub 223

any help is appreciated

thanks...

n25an
06-24-2018, 12:53 AM
the one on top is the switch I received... the one on the bottom is the switch I need...

does anyone know if there is a cross reference chart with the stock numbers for these parts... or rather an alternate part number not used by the copier manufacturer... but the supplier...

blackcat4866
06-24-2018, 01:51 AM
Well it appears that you read the number right, and it may be intended as a substitution since it fits so well.

I had a situation recently that might be pertinent, that was pretty unusual. I was working on a Kyocera FS-6525MFP with DF470 finisher. Another tech had recently changed the belt sensor for a C8040, which didn't help. The finisher errored during initialization and isolated, and on this model there is no sensor diagnostics for the finisher sensors, so it was difficult to diagnose.

I found the signal pin at the finisher controller for the BLS sensor, and put a meter on it. Then I cleared the error. When the machine re-booted leaving the finisher top cover open, the finisher couldn't initialize with the door open, so it didn't isolate. Now I could watch the BLS signal to frame ground. It stayed steady at 1.73vdc, blocked or unblocked. It was one of those unreliable Sharp 73 sensors that we've changed so many of. I dug out my miscellany of sensors, and began plugging them in one at a time to see if I could get a sensor to change state. The 42nd one surprised me by changing state between 0.15 and 4.95vdc, and I would have installed it immediately but it was a Kyocera sensor and wouldn't fit the mount. The 50th one also changed state properly and was a Sharp 73. There were about 20 more sensors in my miscellany, so I considered myself lucky to find a match.

My point is that I plugged in at least (40) Sharp 73 sensors until I found one that worked. Maybe it would be a good idea to order a few sensors, and check each in the ADF > Sensor mode. =^..^=

copyman
06-24-2018, 01:57 AM
I think they are the same infrared type sensors except one has windows over the led's so it can be cleaned easier? They both function the same way almost like a TV remote control. The one side sends a "beam" out and if paper is present it reflects back to the other side of switch, no paper no reflection back. These sensors are very reliable and in fact I've never replaced one 40 yrs in this biz. The biggest problem is not the switch getting paper dust, it's usually problems from the black patch that sits across from this type of sensor, when coated with paper dust it intermittently makes the machine think there is paper jam.

n25an
06-24-2018, 02:01 PM
I think they are the same infrared type sensors except one has windows over the led's so it can be cleaned easier? They both function the same way almost like a TV remote control. The one side sends a "beam" out and if paper is present it reflects back to the other side of switch, no paper no reflection back. These sensors are very reliable and in fact I've never replaced one 40 yrs in this biz. The biggest problem is not the switch getting paper dust, it's usually problems from the black patch that sits across from this type of sensor, when coated with paper dust it intermittently makes the machine think there is paper jam.

I thought that too but as soon as I put the new style sensor in... it threw a 0 error... and when I put the old style in it worked until it did a jam that showed the sensor is failing...

They look the same... but they don't work the same... as for the reflective surface... cleaned and blacked out with a magic marker...

but your point has merit because I have also seen that issue...

n25an
06-24-2018, 02:05 PM
Well it appears that you read the number right, and it may be intended as a substitution since it fits so well.

I had a situation recently that might be pertinent, that was pretty unusual. I was working on a Kyocera FS-6525MFP with DF470 finisher. Another tech had recently changed the belt sensor for a C8040, which didn't help. The finisher errored during initialization and isolated, and on this model there is no sensor diagnostics for the finisher sensors, so it was difficult to diagnose.

I found the signal pin at the finisher controller for the BLS sensor, and put a meter on it. Then I cleared the error. When the machine re-booted leaving the finisher top cover open, the finisher couldn't initialize with the door open, so it didn't isolate. Now I could watch the BLS signal to frame ground. It stayed steady at 1.73vdc, blocked or unblocked. It was one of those unreliable Sharp 73 sensors that we've changed so many of. I dug out my miscellany of sensors, and began plugging them in one at a time to see if I could get a sensor to change state. The 42nd one surprised me by changing state between 0.15 and 4.95vdc, and I would have installed it immediately but it was a Kyocera sensor and wouldn't fit the mount. The 50th one also changed state properly and was a Sharp 73. There were about 20 more sensors in my miscellany, so I considered myself lucky to find a match.

My point is that I plugged in at least (40) Sharp 73 sensors until I found one that worked. Maybe it would be a good idea to order a few sensors, and check each in the ADF > Sensor mode. =^..^=

now thats an interesting idea... I really do need to get more sensors

allan
06-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Could then be different on the connector or one is PNP and the other NPN.

copyman
06-24-2018, 08:19 PM
Yes I understood your question and from what you describe is very strange. I guess the point I was making is if the sensor was marked with the same K/M part # you would think it would be an updated sensor, in that case "only" the last 2 digits would change and not be "01". With each # increase that means change-updated. The other poster had a good point about switch being "Normally" open or closed, and with most switches that would be correct but this infrared type sensor doesn't work that way, it's looking for a reflection back from paper, so this type would always be normally closed (no reflection from black patch).

By the way nice tip with using a black magic marker on the felt pad/patch. I have a black Sharpie pen in my tool case just for this purpose.

kingarthur
06-25-2018, 12:16 PM
if you log into infohub, and click on "logisitcs" go to parts modification notice, you can check there, or parts history & input the part number, it'll tell you if that part has replaced the part you want.

n25an
07-19-2018, 04:33 AM
magyvered the new part with scotch tape... no issues since...

Custom Search