PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 227 does not print until it receives the whole file

Custom Search

Bix
06-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Hello,

lately I have a problem with large PDFs (1,000-3,000 pages) with Konica Minolta.

In short, as long as the printer does not receive the whole file, it does not print.

The problem occurs in all the bizhub 227 that the customer has. Also I have tried in the office with a 258 and 364e and actually I also have this problem.

In the driver's print settings, it is already set to "Print immediately".

I have already tried with PCL and PostScript but the problem persists. Did any of you have a similar problem?

JR2ALTA
06-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Hello,

lately I have a problem with large PDFs (1,000-3,000 pages) with Konica Minolta.

In short, as long as the printer does not receive the whole file, it does not print.

The problem occurs in all the bizhub 227 that the customer has. Also I have tried in the office with a 258 and 364e and actually I also have this problem.

I have already tried with PCL and PostScript but the problem persists. Did any of you have a similar problem?

Typically the postscript would be your fix. Are you printing locally on pc or thru server?

bsm2
06-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Hello,

What the port setting? Should tcp ip port raw 9100

Bix
06-22-2018, 08:17 PM
I've found this problem from multiple customers on different networks.

I fear that it is the fault of universal drivers and/or Adobe Acrobat

Woxner
06-22-2018, 09:27 PM
dont use universal driver they suck... also try and set in network of machine under details the speed set to 1GB its helped my on this.

tech51
06-23-2018, 09:00 AM
Make sure that the collate button isn’t ticked anywhere. Also set the spool settings in the driver to print after last page is spooled, not print immediately. I had a customer trying to print a 557mb publisher file on a c224e and changing this setting took the processing/print time down from over an hour to less than 15 minutes.
Just as a side note I never use the raw port to print I always use lpr and set byte counting to on.
Its a matter of choice but I’ve had a number of connection issues using raw ports that went away using lpr.

copier tech
06-23-2018, 09:49 AM
What version firmware are the machines on? often issues are covered in fw updates.

Bix
06-25-2018, 12:28 PM
Hi, I doubt the problem is due to the firmware.

I have tried on a bizhub 227, 4052, c258, c364e and all have the same problem. To verify, I tried to print a PDF of a SERVICE MANUAL Konica Minolta.

Make sure that the collate button isn’t ticked anywhere. .
What do you mean?

Bix
06-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Hello, maybe there is a breakthrough for bizhub 4052:
1. I have reinstalled Adobe to get the latest update.
2 I downloaded the specific PCL6 drivers.

Now the problem is not there. It is only available with PostScript and universal drivers. I also discovered that this problem is only with duplex pages. If they make a single page, it starts immediately. Has anyone ever found?

Bix
06-26-2018, 03:29 PM
Resolved! That's how:
In PCL drivers, you must go to Printing preferences> Finishing> Paper availability: Productivity priority.

This speeds up the start of the first print a lot.

Phil B.
06-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Hi, I doubt the problem is due to the firmware.

I have tried on a bizhub 227, 4052, c258, c364e and all have the same problem. To verify, I tried to print a PDF of a SERVICE MANUAL Konica Minolta.

What do you mean?

he means in the PRINT DRIVER...make sure collate isn't checked

Bix
06-27-2018, 09:16 AM
Resolved! That's how:
In PCL drivers, you must go to Printing preferences> Finishing> Paper availability: Productivity priority.

This speeds up the start of the first print a lot.

Thank you Phil! :)

I have resolved in this way

Custom Search