PDA

View Full Version : Time adjustment failed

Custom Search

Bix
06-27-2018, 03:59 PM
Hi, I have a doubt about setting the time automatically. I went into Maintenance> Set Time Settings and I entered the ntp server.

Unfortunately it tells me failure regulation. I have tried several NTP servers but nobody seems to work. Some idea?

copier addict
06-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Hi, I have a doubt about setting the time automatically. I went into Maintenance> Set Time Settings and I entered the ntp server.

Unfortunately it tells me failure regulation. I have tried several NTP servers but nobody seems to work. Some idea?

I just tried it on a C368 I have in the shop. I entered an NTP server for Canada and it worked 1st try. I don't have any suggestions, I just thought you would like to know it is possible.

darry1322
06-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Make sure your gateway and DNS settings are correct.

rrrohan
06-28-2018, 02:54 AM
I just use time.google.com

Our workshop copier gives this error if I set it to auto but if I set it auto once then turn it off it works ok

I never leave it on anywhere. I'll let it sync once then turn off auto updates. Normally time creep isn't bad enough and doing it every few months is sufficient.

If you can ever get it working check gateway and DNS

I norm write down the IP then temp set copier to dhcp then back to original IP. Often if DNS or gateway change unless mail server is offsite or CSRC isnt working it can be months before anyone notices a IP config issue

U get this a lot at small offices that run off ISP modems. Change ISP still on same IP range but gateway might be .254 now instead of .1 now so printing still works so it never gets noticed. Few weeks pass and you do something like setup NTP and when you ask if anything's changed recently it's been months so they forget to mention modem change

emujo2
06-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Ensure the MFP has an internal DNS server set, and verify you can ping a website using IP and host name (ie google.com). If they have a domain, then you should be able to use the domain server for the auto time adjustment if it's enabled. In many cases access to the outside world is blocked on the MFPs. Emujo

Bix
06-29-2018, 11:20 AM
Yes, maybe is the firewall! :(

Thank you so much!

Synthohol
07-01-2018, 08:27 PM
here is a list of time servers.
NIST Internet Time Service (https://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi)

udp port 123, which is used by the network time protocol and the simple network time protocol. The NIST client software can be configured to use this port, but does not use it by default. tcp port 13, which is used by the NIST client software by default and by other programs that use the "daytime" protocol.
so maybe if the router can forward ports 123 and 13 to the copiers IP or something like that.

[afterthought] what is more annoying is trying to scan to a server that has a different time than the copier. it refuses connection if the times dont match up.

Custom Search