PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C360 C2552 and C2554 Codes

Custom Search

mattguthrie
06-28-2018, 01:44 PM
Good Morning,

I have a C360 giving me C2552 and C2554 codes. These are high toner concentrations in the C and M developers. I've researched this problem on the site, but the info is often incomplete and confusing. The first thing I tried was running solid C and M pages to bring the level down. Having accomplished this, I ran the gradation process and all was fine. Toner concentrations were in the 6% range so all was well. The customer calls back a few days later with the same codes. This time, I changed the developer and rechipped the assemblies. I performed the gradation adjusment and all toner levels were acceptable and moved on. I get called back again for the same thing and so did some research on this site. I found a post about the toner hopper assembly, so I took one off of a C360 at the office, cleaned and installed it on the customer's MFP. I got the toner levels back to the correct range, did my adjustment and thought all was well again. Yesterday, the customer calls again but just getting the high cyan error. Magenta concentration is a little high but not enough to cause a code. What am I missing? I know the fine techs on this site can find the hole in my procedure and set me on the correct path.
I look forward to your suggestions and thank you in advance.

Bix
06-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Do you use OEM?

mattguthrie
06-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Not always. My supply person gets what's available when it's available, so it is not consistently OEM.

Bix
06-28-2018, 04:39 PM
It could be the problem unfortunately

AjitN
06-29-2018, 04:16 AM
Not always. My supply person gets what's available when it's available, so it is not consistently OEM.

What have you replaced, only developer OR complete developer Assembly?
If only developer is replaced try replacing TRC sensor (within developer assy.) & IDCS in vertical conveyance section.
They may be sensing low toner concentration/density & machine is pumping toner in developer.
Also do not ruled out Toner. If toner properties are not correct, developer may not put sufficient toner on belt OR even if toner quantity is OK IDC may read that as low density & pump in more toner.
Hope this helps

Phil B.
06-29-2018, 08:38 PM

well there could be your issue... you could be mixing OEM and compatible toner in the same dev unit... BIG NO NO.

I don't care for compatible color toner for ANY machine. causes toooo many headaches and call backs

mattguthrie
07-09-2018, 07:39 PM
All is well now. AjitN's reply was the most helpful when he referenced the IDC sensors in the vertical conveyance section. The MFP is in a very noisy location and I can't always hear what kinds of sounds are coming from it. Anytime I check toner concentration levels on other machines, I hear the IDCS cover sliding over to expose the sensors so that they can read the belt. I was finally on location when it was almost absolutely quite and, low and behold, I didn't always here the cover sliding; it was very intermittent. I removed the assembly and all kinds of toner and paper fragments were behind it -- a real mess. After cleaning and inspecting everything, I installed the assembly back in the product. Now I could hear the cover snapping back and forth consistently. I did my gradation adjust and all the adjustment numbers were almost ideal and a week later everything is still perfect. The C and M levels are in the 6% range and not a single event on the error log since my last visit. Maybe I should have checked the sensors before replacing the hopper assembly? The cover operated freely by hand and didn't bind. If I would listen more closely I would have fewer worries. I GREATLY appreciate everyone's input.

Custom Search