PDA

View Full Version : Jamming FS-533 Jam error

Custom Search

Gina82
06-28-2018, 10:42 PM
I have an FS-533 that was on a bizhub 364e. The internal finisher gave me two problems: 1) The copier would Que the print jobs that were sent to it, and hold the print job there so long that it would eventually throw up a 99-08 error code, 2) If the job did manage to get past the queuing part it would either print the job or jam upon entrance. Once the finisher was unplugged and uninstalled from the copier, the copier would resume the queued jobs and print them off. I swapped the finisher for another internal finisher and the loaner worked perfectly fine, I then took the original finisher and installed it onto a bizhub C224e and it worked perfectly fine, so I went back to the bizhub 364 to check the firmware and at the time it was using the G20-M0 version, so I updated it to the latest version for that machine which is the G20-M1 and the original finisher back onto the 364 and the same problems, mentioned above, still occured.

Help?

blackcat4866
06-29-2018, 12:47 AM
I don't remember the jam code, but if you have a problem with jamming in the internal finisher it can be caused by drag from the exit roller drive.

I know it doesn't seem to make sense. Remove the finisher, it works. Re-install the finisher, it jams. But it's not caused by the finisher. Disassemble the exit roller drive, clean, and oil the bushings. =^..^=

kingarthur
06-29-2018, 08:28 AM
Have agree with blackcat, but the only thing that'll work is drysurf lubricant.....nothing seems to work

Gina82
06-29-2018, 01:59 PM
and what about the queuing of the jobs?

blackcat4866
06-30-2018, 01:22 AM
and what about the queuing of the jobs?

Do you have an enduser randomly choosing paper sizes that are not available? I had a customer that had auto-print set up, so that email attachments printed automatically when the email was opened. It was really convenient until the enduser accidentally printed hundreds of pages for no good reason, or tried to print onto A4, Statement, or PDF scans with slightly oversized dimensions like 8.51" x 11.01". None of these documents will find matching paper. Our solution was to select auto-reduction to a specific tray, so everything is capable of printing, and won't clog up the queue. Better to have an enduser that is capable of identifying an odd sized document, and selecting an appropriate paper size (but not this enduser). =^..^=

Gina82
07-05-2018, 10:51 PM
But if the enduser is the issue shouldn't it queue the jobs on the loaner finisher, just like it did the original finisher?

Custom Search