PDA

View Full Version : The optical photoconductor needs to be replaced

Custom Search

pick
06-29-2018, 07:23 PM
We have customers that are using MACS and they are getting this message on thier MACS "The optical photoconductor needs to be replaced." The Photoconductor is still good and making good copies but it has the IU stop F/W which causes the MACS to thank it needs replaced. Is there anyway to block the MAC from showing this notice or do we keep explaining to the customer all is ok. thanks for any help.

Flash
06-30-2018, 12:51 AM
This problem is not limited to Konica Minolta products. It is a MAC issue with other manufacturers as well. The problem seems to be most prevalent with MAC OS 10.7. Apple is aware of the issue so you might look in that direction for a solution.

Synthohol
06-30-2018, 04:17 PM
on the copier turn off SNMP, see if that helps.

magicaljake
06-30-2018, 11:36 PM
i have run into this myself.

on the copier turn off SNMP, see if that helps.

this makes a lot of sense, thank you very much for the input. In your personal experience has this taken care of the issue?

Synthohol
07-01-2018, 12:00 AM
i know when its off, PrintFleet is unable to poll the machines and im honestly guessing it will do the same for the MAC by cutting off 2 way communication.
just figured its worth a try.

Bix
07-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Could it affect the Life Stop option in service mode by chance?

emujo2
07-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Try setting softswitch 227 to hex 80, and switch 230 to hex 08. Turning off snmp can cause other issues with KM print drivers. Both of these switches refer to disabling consumable warning messages being sent to PSWC, Fiery, Op Panel, PSES, MIB, Printfleet, SiteAudit. I think I remember that it also helped with MACs. Emujo

rrrohan
07-03-2018, 01:30 AM
I think it would just break the ability for win driver to auto obtain device config. Not the end of world esp if its installed on server and shared

pick
07-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Could it affect the Life Stop option in service mode by chance?

I haven't seen it effect the life stops mostly it pops up on the MAC and the customer phones in a service call. We explain to them that all is ok and nothing will happen to the device. I then explain why it is doing what it is doing and they seem ok with the answer thanks for the reply.

Custom Search