PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous what is your GO-TO usb ?

Custom Search

HelloGoodSir
06-29-2018, 08:42 PM
In house, before machines hit the field.

We have a sandisk 2 gb 2.0 usb drive and we've never had a problem with it always worked for both firmware animation voice etc.

Now I have 3 mono bizhubs (364E) that all wont accept my drive. Any ideas?

Figured I'd buy a fresh drive but wanted input if there was a certain brand that works best?

Synthohol
06-29-2018, 09:37 PM
got a microcenter near you? their 4g drives work for years and have been through my laundry several times and still work 100%

forgive the dumb question, where are you plugging the drives into the copier to do FW?

rrrohan
07-02-2018, 01:26 AM
We have Chinese el cheapo 4gb USB that works for everything but firmware. I cant find a reason why though it's just like some do some dont

Luckily they are so cheap these days

I'm currently using verbatim 8gb with no prob

NeoMatrix
07-02-2018, 01:46 AM
We have Chinese el cheapo 4gb USB that works for everything but firmware. I cant find a reason why though it's just like some do some dont

Luckily they are so cheap these days

I'm currently using verbatim 8gb with no prob

Use the proper software Eject button before removing the USB-stick from the computer USB slot.
Otherwise if you rip it out you risk getting a corrupt USB stick. Its not a matter of if it will corrupt, but when it will corrupt.
You obviously haven't lost a lot of good e-manuals or file data on a USB stick by ripping the USB-stick out of the slot.

Try putting 32GB of e-manuals back onto a USB stick every time you've been in such a hurry on a job site.
You'll soon learn to slow down a tad an eject the USB stick the proper way, like I do now. I have Terrabyte HDD USB drives now. Takes around 5 hours to reload the data back onto 1TB HDD.

Custom Search