PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on replacing UFR on Bizhub 223/423 series

Custom Search

SAR
07-02-2018, 02:10 PM
We have always replaced the fuser unit, but the yield can be so bad on some of the low volume machines that we are looking into just replacing the damaged UFR.
Is it worth doing this and do you get a decent yield from the Katun UFR they offer. Is it a pretty easy job and worth doing?

ferro10
07-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Even the machines the same problem, the Roller Up Roller is scratched and therefore the dirty.

Toxic
07-02-2018, 04:02 PM
I replaced fuser roller few times and it works fine if sensors are not too damaged.
Price is much lower for replacement roller and it is not so difficult to replace roller,about 30 minutes maybe included cleaning, lubricateing...

rrrohan
07-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Has anyone tried removing the fingers?
We dont have this model anymore but always wanted to try this. Figured it would jam

Blizzoo
07-03-2018, 12:55 PM
I've done it once and worked fine for a long time. I remember I have installed a Di 2010 compatible UFR, not a hard job just be careful not breaking anything there.

REGSIS
07-05-2018, 08:41 PM
We have always replaced the fuser unit, but the yield can be so bad on some of the low volume machines that we are looking into just replacing the damaged UFR.
Is it worth doing this and do you get a decent yield from the Katun UFR they offer. Is it a pretty easy job and worth doing?

Katun UFR lasts more than original. You can easily get past 500k in total (200k original fusing unit + 300k Katun UFR).
It won't get scrathed by separators (fingers) or thermistors like original.

Very much recomended!!!

copyman
07-05-2018, 11:22 PM
The thermistor is mostly what scratches the roller not the pickoffs. When you replace the UFR also replace the thermistors. I use aftermarket roller ($22) & thermistors ($15) and they work great. I hear the best roller is sold by a member of this forum, Hans from Germany. Haven't tried them yet but hoping to order some soon shipped to USA.

lazymangr
07-06-2018, 10:29 AM
The thermistor is mostly what scratches the roller not the pickoffs. When you replace the UFR also replace the thermistors. I use aftermarket roller ($22) & thermistors ($15) and they work great. I hear the best roller is sold by a member of this forum, Hans from Germany. Haven't tried them yet but hoping to order some soon shipped to USA.

is there a link to his online shop or something? pm me

3ktlc
07-06-2018, 01:11 PM
We rebuild them. Last longer than the original.

Custom Search