PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 454e with error code of CFA14

Custom Search

kberrian
07-02-2018, 05:11 PM
To start off I have looked through most of the threads on here for CFA14 and have tried everything mentioned, however, nothing has worked so far. I have replaced the MFPB, HDD, and memory. I have currently removed the dual scan board and wiped the HDD and formatting it now. SSD has been formatted and does have the latest firmware for the SSD and machine firmware has been updated too. When I look at the Management list it shows a detailed code of 0x0767 along with the CFA17. Any one have any idea of what this detailed code of 0x0767 is?

blazebusiness
07-03-2018, 01:22 PM
To start off I have looked through most of the threads on here for CFA14 and have tried everything mentioned, however, nothing has worked so far. I have replaced the MFPB, HDD, and memory. I have currently removed the dual scan board and wiped the HDD and formatting it now. SSD has been formatted and does have the latest firmware for the SSD and machine firmware has been updated too. When I look at the Management list it shows a detailed code of 0x0767 along with the CFA17. Any one have any idea of what this detailed code of 0x0767 is?

That "abort code" is normally a HDD issue (or very rarely , the MFP board but not usually) Issue usually resolved by replacing the hard drive and updating the firmware. Since you already replaced the hard drive and other components.....might be something really rare like the control panel causing the problem.
P.S. Tried but could not find any info for you on that detailed code of 0x0767. When you unset the HDD in service mode will it boot normally?

Gaffers01
07-03-2018, 03:39 PM
So is the machine working and randomly has this error code or is the machine constantly in this state?

Have you tried the machine with HDD unplugged?

I know on C258 there is special Firmware update to combat this issue but i'm unaware of one for the 4 Series but maybe worth contacting KM to see if there is.

Synthohol
07-03-2018, 09:10 PM
only happens with a print job yes?
if so load the correct PS driver and uncheck the "excel job control" under the "Other" tab under advanced, printing defaults, Other.
ive seen that because of that box. also make sure the copier has spool to HDD turned on and the paper conversion is set to yes for a3/a4=8.5x11 and 11x17

vedder
08-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Hi, was wondering if you reached a solution on this, I am having the exact same issue, 0x0767 codes, internal error has occured, fa14 codes. We have tried a new hdd, same problem, does it when the network cable is unplugged, it`s on the latest firmware. My next option is the mfpb, but if that doesn`t fix it, it`s a lot of money to throw at it.

When I do a diagnostic check, everything comes back ok, we had this problem back in May, ordered a main board, but the customer said it was working fine by the time it had arrived, so we sent it back, not had a problem again until this week and now it`s doing the same thing, it`s very strange.

Any help/advice on this would be greatfully appreciated.

EarthKmTech
08-09-2018, 11:31 PM
On the E series if you have have replaced the mfp board, hdd and memory etc and are pulling your hair out with persistant FA14 (and its not a printjob, ie disconnected from network) on bootup, try this;

ONLY WITH ABOVE MENTIONED SYMPTOM

Disable HDD,
unplug HDD sata cable,
Restart machine,
While machine is on and ready, go into service mode and plug hdd sata cable back in, turn HDD back on then goto hdd format and complete logical. ALL WHILE MACHINE IS LEFT ON.
Restart machine and format hdd again.

this has worked for me 3 times now with the above mentioned symptom - hard locked at FA14 even with new hdd at every boot. FW old or even of latest version doesnt fix it.

Not an official fix, it's my fix and as mentioned has fixed 3 machines that were destined for the crusher and has not returned.

vedder
09-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Just an update on my problem, the mfpb didn`t fix the fault (wasn`t massivly confident it would to be honest)

In the end we swapped the Emmc board and fingers crossed everything seems fine so far.

mo0651
09-05-2018, 02:11 PM
There is a lot of "Special Firmware" postings for this error. Have you applied those as well?

Christian
06-23-2021, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE = Gaffers01; 639664] Então a máquina está funcionando e tem esse código de erro aleatoriamente ou está constantemente neste estado?

Você já experimentou a máquina com o HDD desconectado?

Eu sei que no C258 há uma atualização especial de firmware para combater esse problema, mas não tenho conhecimento de uma para o Série 4, mas talvez valha a pena entrar em contato com KM para ver se há. [/ QUOTE]

a minha C258 esta com esse problema de HDD, ja troquei por um novo e continua, onde posso achar essa atualização de firmware?

Reed
06-23-2021, 04:16 PM
I had one that I replaced the Control panel on and it fixed it. I have another one doing the same thing. Going to try a different panel on that one as well but haven't gotten around to doing it. Good Luck

Synthohol
06-23-2021, 04:27 PM
If replacing a control panel fixes a cfa14 code I'll eat my screwdriver.

Reed
06-23-2021, 04:47 PM
Want something to wash that screwdriver down with? The code came up intermittently and the op panel would lock up after a few minutes. After changing the op panel the code also stopped

tulintron
06-23-2021, 04:53 PM
I know the control panel has its own system. I just didn't know that FA14 would be related. Next time, I'll do this test.

Gaffers01
06-23-2021, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE = Gaffers01; 639664] Então a máquina está funcionando e tem esse código de erro aleatoriamente ou está constantemente neste estado?

Você já experimentou a máquina com o HDD desconectado?

Eu sei que no C258 há uma atualização especial de firmware para combater esse problema, mas não tenho conhecimento de uma para o Série 4, mas talvez valha a pena entrar em contato com KM para ver se há. [/ QUOTE]

a minha C258 esta com esse problema de HDD, ja troquei por um novo e continua, onde posso achar essa atualização de firmware?

That was quite a while ago, since then I have narrowed it down to either the eMMC board (part number A7AHH02D02) or a network issue.

The firmware version that the original post recommended was A7PU0Y0-F000-GXX-A8 - Recovery Firmware
I cant find a copy of it on my laptop, It may be in the office, PM me and i will send it if i can find it.

ninioroly
10-03-2023, 12:49 AM
On the E series if you have have replaced the mfp board, hdd and memory etc and are pulling your hair out with persistant FA14 (and its not a printjob, ie disconnected from network) on bootup, try this;

ONLY WITH ABOVE MENTIONED SYMPTOM

Disable HDD,
unplug HDD sata cable,
Restart machine,
While machine is on and ready, go into service mode and plug hdd sata cable back in, turn HDD back on then goto hdd format and complete logical. ALL WHILE MACHINE IS LEFT ON.
Restart machine and format hdd again.

this has worked for me 3 times now with the above mentioned symptom - hard locked at FA14 even with new hdd at every boot. FW old or even of latest version doesnt fix it.

Not an official fix, it's my fix and as mentioned has fixed 3 machines that were destined for the crusher and has not returned.

I am grateful to you, it worked perfectly for me on a Bizhub C554e that could not enter pagescope since it did not recognize the disk, but following your steps my disk worked without problems and goodbye to the error, greetings!

Custom Search