PDA

View Full Version : Konica c258/c458 compatible drum cylinders

Custom Search

Coggers
07-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Hi
Has anyone tried the 3rd party drum cylinders on the market for the 8 series , as we as everyone else are not getting the life from the original drums and want to save a little bit of money
Look forward to your thoughts

rrrohan
07-03-2018, 12:55 AM
We get life but only gets to about 105% before issues.

I dont do quotes but I'm told KM made the 8 series drums cheaper for this reason

Phil B.
07-03-2018, 01:13 AM
i have no suggestion.. just curious ...

are the drum surfaces failing?

or could it be a PCR dirty/failure?

if it is the later.. try pulling the PCR... use NU-Finish Car Polish and clean x2 the PCR.

I have been using this trick since the HP 4 days..has worked on Oki.. Brother.. Xerox..Ricoh.

I have noticed a BOLDER print and streaking problem reduced.. Ricoh color drums (335-435 + ) went life PLUS 50k in some cases

rrrohan
07-03-2018, 01:25 AM
How hard is it to disassemble. Only time I've done this was when I dropped one lol

I would of thought labor time would outweigh savings

Synthohol
07-03-2018, 10:00 PM
drum life is based on an unrealistic 6% fill i believe so maybe to try lowering the density one notch? do more frequent gradations?
some minor adjustment im sure will help get another 10% out of them.
ive only used maybe 10 compatible drums over the past 19 years. they all sucked except the german drums for the Di620.
our CPP covers the consumables with a decent profit without getting greedy, only OEM here. forever.

flippinsweet
08-14-2018, 03:31 PM
Hi
Has anyone tried the 3rd party drum cylinders on the market for the 8 series , as we as everyone else are not getting the life from the original drums and want to save a little bit of money
Look forward to your thoughts

I've tried 3rd party drum cylinders and the 8 series don't seem to like them, caused streaks or lots of background on prints for me. After playing about I fitted a cylinder off a used C224 drum that'd done over 70k (and leaving streaks across page) and the prints looked near enough perfect. On the C224 range I find it's mainly the charge grid section that causes the streaks and the drums are usually ok, on the 8 series the drum cylinder is always in contact with the charge roller so wears down much quicker and causes ridges on the drum surface.

Doing this saved me on a few occasions and won't cost you anything if like us you've got a few old drums knocking about waiting for the scrapyard. Just swap the cylinder, give charge a quick wipe and off you go. Also if you want to fit a black drum unit to a colour (save yourself a few quid) you'll need to swap the front plastic bracket of the drum as well as the chip or you'll have print quality issues due to the drum sitting too far from the dev.

allan
08-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Use the DR313K in the color positions by changing a "flange" on the front side and replacing the chips.
That "flange" stops the dev tanks from locking in position leaving the front side blank.
Same old C224 chips does the job.

copier tech
08-14-2018, 04:17 PM
The 4 series drums had charge coronas, the 8 series have charge rollers riding on the drum this causes the cylinders to wear out quicker.

greglogston
08-14-2018, 11:02 PM
I personally have not experienced this problem. I usually rechip them and they can go almost twice as long. I guess it really depends on the color output. If you got a print shop doing full bleed stuff all the time the drum will wear out quicker. Purchase some color chips and just use black drums. That's what my boss does.

Custom Search