PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 654e, black display

Custom Search

blackcat4866
07-08-2018, 02:56 PM
I've had a few interesting calls like this recently which I'm going to blame in general on the huge load that the air conditioners put on the power supplied to the copier. PQA revealed G-N: 3.6vac, H-N: 8vac sags. I cannot take credit for thinking of these solutions. I got a list of suggestions and a pile of parts, and sent out.

Changing the memory brought back the the display and an interesting combination of codes: C6104, C-F907, and C6102. At that point I installed the MFPB (borrowed) and ran the MFP Board reset tool. The procedure ran about as expected, and it took firmware G20-M0. My first surprise was the C-D291 error. It was not included in the first set of entirely random codes, and might have came with the borrowed board. Or it might have something to do with me accidentally swapping the CCD and DF connectors at the MFPB. They're the same size and length of harness, and I have a reasonably good excuse: I was not involved in the disassembly ... only the re-assembly. Re-fitting the connectors properly and re-loading G20-M0 resolved this last code.

Only one issue left was restoring SMTP credentials and the IP. It would have been easy if I knew the CE password or Admin password. A quick call to KM got me the Reset Code.

For the most part the only code that had anything to do with the original issue was C-F907 Memory Problem. =^..^=

Custom Search