PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 454e, CFA03 error

Custom Search

blackcat4866
07-08-2018, 03:22 PM
You have to really enjoy some of these fault code descriptions. I'll quote it directly for your gratification:

"setTransBandAndRepeatNum() error": An exceptional instance occurred due to the unexpected parameter in the system firmware. Replace MFPB.

I think a little more descriptive language could have been included here. I have the MFP Board Reset Tool, but that's about it. The clue here was reading the whole section on CFA## errors in general: Replace memory, Replace HDD, Replace MFPB.

Disabling the HDD brought the machine to Ready, but with the expected limitations of not having a HDD: No scanning, no user boxes, no faxing. And if you check the HDD specifications there's a little surprise: Total Size: 595MB, Vacant Area: 0MB. I think that might be a problem.

A physical format, then logical format of the drive brought the HDD back to: Total Size: 236398MB, Vacant Area: 170758MB. Then reloading the Movie Data. Of course the SMTP credentials, IP address, and addressbook are lost, but this turned out to be an unexpectedly easy fix. =^..^=

tsbservice
07-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Pretty good logic blackcat, sometimes reading straight manual is not helpful at all.
Also bad power/power spikes will cause data/ HDDs to get corrupted.

Custom Search