PDA

View Full Version : UnityDesktop & Windows Vista

Custom Search

Damon
09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Has anyone had anything to do with UnityDesktop & Windows Vista?

I've loaded it onto a machine that we have here in the shop, and it doesn't seem to operate "normally" as it does on Windows 2000. After scanning a document, it does the OCR, then instead of saving it the program just sits there on "processing" and a output file never seems to be generated.

Just wondering if anyone else has either come across this before, or knows what the requirements are?

bigmark
09-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Unity desktop doesnt work on Vista. The only way you can really run it if you insist on using Vista, would be to install virtual PC and install a copy of XP virtually and run it through that. I have talked to a few people from KMBS on this one, and they are not sure there will be support for the Unity on Vista... Rumor is they may be changing software packages some time in the near future.

Mr Spock
09-26-2008, 04:09 AM
I will side with BIGMARK because I am new to Konica Minolta and do not know what this package is for.. However If you install the program then click on the properties you may be able to select one of the compatibility modes to see if it will work in a better fashion.. Just a suggestion that was not listed.

Damon
09-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Unity desktop doesnt work on Vista. The only way you can really run it if you insist on using Vista, would be to install virtual PC and install a copy of XP virtually and run it through that. I have talked to a few people from KMBS on this one, and they are not sure there will be support for the Unity on Vista... Rumor is they may be changing software packages some time in the near future.

Sweet thanks mate. thought that was the case.

dogsbody
09-26-2008, 11:12 AM
newer versions will work with vista. have it running quite happily on several at the office.

found this from the nuance web site: http://www.nuance.com/vista/omnipage/upgrade/

it will behave like that if you don't check the create new document, for each image file box. (attached a pic).

Custom Search