PDA

View Full Version : CQ Faded Quarter Moon Bands on Rear Trailing Edge 110lb paper Konica AccurioPress C2070

Custom Search

CaptainV45
07-11-2018, 03:14 PM
One of my customers with a Konica Minolta AccurioPress C2070 is running 110lb paper and getting quarter moon banding on the rear trailing edge of the paper. I've followed the instructions on page 3626 of the service manual. I have 2nd Trans Pressure set to Normal and have set Second Transfer Rear Edge to +50 (max). It helped, but didn't cure the problem completely. Before I was getting a faded almost to white curved void on the back, now it is just a little lighter, but still there. Has anyone else run into this and able to offer advise on what I should try next?

Phil B.
07-11-2018, 03:55 PM
One of my customers with a Konica Minolta AccurioPress C2070 is running 110lb paper and getting quarter moon banding on the rear trailing edge of the paper. I've followed the instructions on page 3626 of the service manual. I have 2nd Trans Pressure set to Normal and have set Second Transfer Rear Edge to +50 (max). It helped, but didn't cure the problem completely. Before I was getting a faded almost to white curved void on the back, now it is just a little lighter, but still there. Has anyone else run into this and able to offer advise on what I should try next?

1) are they printing duplex? ( Before I was getting a faded almost to white curved void on the back, ) on simplex runs if there is mess on the BACK of the page that generally leans towards the fixing unit ( fuser )

2) other than messing with SETTINGS, what have you done to try and correct the issue?

3) life of consumables?

4) photos of the defect?

CaptainV45
07-11-2018, 04:07 PM
I have the same post on Konicas C2070 Jam page. So far, it has been suggested to remove the mylar from the guide plate. That didn't help. Another tech suggested it could be the humidity that he has seen this problem when the RH is above 40%, this machine is at 41%. They are running duplex. Machine is almost brand new. The paper is Blazer Digital 110lb Gloss Cover. I will try posting some pictures of the defect.

CaptainV45
07-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Here are before adjustment and after adjustment pics.

CaptainV45
07-11-2018, 04:58 PM
We did some more trial and error with the 2nd Transfer Rear Edge setting under Paper Setting-Expert Adjustments and found lowering it to +40 gave us perfect results. We also tried +25 and got the issue on every other page and we tried going over +50 and got a larger swatch of light blue than before. The Print Shop Manager is going to let me know how the full run looks after he runs it this afternoon, but +40 is looking like our magic number.

andyf424
07-13-2018, 03:28 PM
I have never found a real rhyme or reason to that adjustment, just have to fiddle with it. I've got some machines running -40 some running +50. Hard paper mode and 2nd press adjustment can help. Also, if the fuser is pulling the paper out of second transfer to fast, the adjusting fuser speed, lower usually can help.

Custom Search