PDA

View Full Version : Biz 223 quality issue

Custom Search

copyman
07-11-2018, 10:44 PM
My wife brought home these samples from work. Just started happening today. Black toner marks than blank streak down the whole page in NON-feed direction. I marked the lead edge. I know the fine black line is from fuser and in the direction of feed.

Never saw this before so figured I would ask on here before going out to look at it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help

blackcat4866
07-11-2018, 11:51 PM
Wow! That's nice!

I'd say that it's probably dumping developer because the drum is arcing to the primary. Order drum unit with primary, and developer (along with your fuser). =^..^=

REGSIS
07-12-2018, 06:45 AM
My wife brought home these samples from work. Just started happening today. Black toner marks than blank streak down the whole page in NON-feed direction. I marked the lead edge. I know the fine black line is from fuser and in the direction of feed.

Never saw this before so figured I would ask on here before going out to look at it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help

Take a look at magnet roller on developing unit.
I would say one side has worn bearing or collar and is too close to the drum (spots), and the other is too far (white void).
Check consumables life!,
If you have in stock, bring with you new drum unit, developer, developing unit, fuser (or upper fuser roller).

Problem solved ;)

doinbox
07-12-2018, 07:26 PM
You can get similar issues when replacing a drum without resetting the chip. Sometimes background data reset will resolve.

copyman
07-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Hi, Thanks for all the replies. It turned out the drum was shorting because the Dev collar was worn. Replaced drum & developer unit and all good now.

Who ever posted about the drum chip there in no drum chip on the Biz 223. Counter is cleared in service mode.

Custom Search