PDA

View Full Version : KM 501 TCR ERROR 6

Custom Search

waqasmailbag
07-14-2018, 10:28 PM
Hi i have tcr issue in my km bizhub 501 when i run tcr adjustment it gives error 6 even i removed the toner bottle developer unit and the drum unit it still gives C-2803 and error 6 when i run toner density adjustment after 3 sec and a few roll of drum it stops and hang up it just halts i have to restart it in order to get in service mode.
Any body have any idea what to do .. thanks advance.

blazebusiness
07-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Hi i have tcr issue in my km bizhub 501 when i run tcr adjustment it gives error 6 even i removed the toner bottle developer unit and the drum unit it still gives C-2803 and error 6 when i run toner density adjustment after 3 sec and a few roll of drum it stops and hang up it just halts i have to restart it in order to get in service mode.

Try the following:]

Reset the error
Clean the ATDC sensor
Verify the developer unit has drive and none of the gears on the rear are broken
Replace the ATDC sensor board

waqasmailbag
07-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Try the following:]

Reset the error
Clean the ATDC sensor
Verify the developer unit has drive and none of the gears on the rear are broken
Replace the ATDC sensor board
Thanks for your advice if you can tell me where is that sensor located i did not get it.

blazebusiness
07-15-2018, 09:02 PM
Thanks for your advice if you can tell me where is that sensor located i did not get it.

On the BH 501 what I referred to as the ATDC sensor is actually supposed to be called IDC sensor board (just to be correct with the nomenclature) and is part of the drum unit. It may be dirty.
The TCR sensor is inside the DV unit. The TCR sensors do go bad (albeit very rarely)
Just a guess......I'm getting the feeling you are not a technician. And what really might be going on is a mistake was made when changing developer or the developer calibration was not run in service mode after replacing the developer.
If you are not a tech......probably not a good idea to try this stuff on your own. That being said, if you are determined to try it anyway.....at least download the service manuals for disassembly instructions and installation instructions.

waqasmailbag
07-15-2018, 09:52 PM
On the BH 501 what I referred to as the ATDC sensor is actually supposed to be called IDC sensor board (just to be correct with the nomenclature) and is part of the drum unit. It may be dirty.
The TCR sensor is inside the DV unit. The TCR sensors do go bad (albeit very rarely)
Just a guess......I'm getting the feeling you are not a technician. And what really might be going on is a mistake was made when changing developer or the developer calibration was not run in service mode after replacing the developer.
If you are not a tech......probably not a good idea to try this stuff on your own. That being said, if you are determined to try it anyway.....at least download the service manuals for disassembly instructions and installation instructions.
Thanks man you are right i am not a tech and i did not run the developer calibration in service mode butt i have service manuals and operation manuals i have read them i have cleaned the IDC sensor TCR sensor and toner supply unit and also done load check and sensor check .. i have spent over 2 year on this machine and i suffered problem after problem code after code its a norm now butt this c-2803 is really sticking on there is no tech of km in my town its all ricoh here, assembling and disassembling is not a problem i have done that hundreds of times. what else i have to calibrate along with developer calibration ?

blazebusiness
07-15-2018, 11:24 PM
Thanks man you are right i am not a tech and i did not run the developer calibration in service mode butt i have service manuals and operation manuals i have read them i have cleaned the IDC sensor TCR sensor and toner supply unit and also done load check and sensor check .. i have spent over 2 year on this machine and i suffered problem after problem code after code its a norm now butt this c-2803 is really sticking on there is no tech of km in my town its all ricoh here, assembling and disassembling is not a problem i have done that hundreds of times. what else i have to calibrate along with developer calibration ?

That's what I thought. If you did not run the calibration, now You will need to start from scratch with a fresh bag of developer. Empty every bit of old developer out of the developer unit. Add the new developer. Then run the developer calibration in service mode. Service Mode Screen------Imaging Process Adjustment-----TCR Adjustment --------Start key.

if you are lucky and nothing else is causing the problem, that should fix that code.

If not one of the following may be the issue:

developer drive belt came off

developer gears damaged

TCR sensor failed

Toner supply motor failed

Bad HVT or PCRB board

So try to get it running with new developer , run the TCR adjust , and hopefully that will fix it

REGSIS
07-16-2018, 08:37 AM

What's the counter?
I used to replace developing unit and complete drum unit every 750k; drum, developer, cleaning blade every 250k.

waqasmailbag
07-16-2018, 11:19 AM
What's the counter?
I used to replace developing unit and complete drum unit every 750k; drum, developer, cleaning blade every 250k.
The counter shows 835k.... over 60 ppm this problem does not exist do not get it why they have this stupid tcr system in the first place.. are these 421,500,501,361any good?

blazebusiness
07-16-2018, 12:38 PM
The counter shows 835k.... over 60 ppm this problem does not exist do not get it why they have this stupid tcr system in the first place.. are these 421,500,501,361any good?

As for the TCR system, all copiers have to have some way of measuring and maintaining toner to carrier ratio. The BH 501/421/361 copiers were not the worst nor the best copiers. They are quite a bit older now(10 years) and you certainly have a high meter unit. You can try ordering the developer (part# DV-511) and do the calibration to see if that fixes it.

waqasmailbag
11-07-2018, 11:12 AM
As for the TCR system, all copiers have to have some way of measuring and maintaining toner to carrier ratio. The BH 501/421/361 copiers were not the worst nor the best copiers. They are quite a bit older now(10 years) and you certainly have a high meter unit. You can try ordering the developer (part# DV-511) and do the calibration to see if that fixes it.

Bro the TCR Problem has come again last i solved it by changing the developer now after about 35k copies .. can you tell me how to do developer calibration and reset drum counter.. Thanks

waqasmailbag
11-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Bro the TCR Problem has come again last i solved it by changing the developer now after about 35k copies .. can you tell me how to do developer calibration and reset drum counter.. Thanks

Its the same old error 6

Custom Search