PDA

View Full Version : C454e faint lines in the cross feed direction in hafltones

Custom Search

cpyfixer
07-16-2018, 06:03 PM
We have a C454e that produces faint lines in the halftones of single colors. Shows up in test prints from service mode too (see attached). The customer was printing black and white photos and noticed the issue. We have a C364 at our office that produces the same effect. I've tried printing the haftone test pages from service mode at a value of 70 from several customer machines in the 4 series and see this issue on some and not on others. Seems pretty common, but most customers never notice. I tried calibration, drums, and transfer belt assembly, with no change.

I suspect some sort of vibration in the drive, but not sure where to start there. The machine runs quiet and smooth. If I lay a hand on the vertical path door while it's printing, I don't feel anything out of the ordinary.

Anyone have an answer for this? 40135

mo0651
07-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Did you clean the laser slit glass?? We have had a couple of laser units cause something like that.

blackcat4866
07-16-2018, 06:46 PM
At what interval does the pattern repeat? If it's a roller or gear divide by π (pi) to get the diameter of the roller causing it, UNLESS it's a developing issue. The mag roller counter-rotates, so the interval will not match the diameter of the developing roller. =^..^=

cpyfixer
08-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Got this resolved by replacing the registration roller along with the bushings and gears in the registration unit. :)

Custom Search