PDA

View Full Version : CQ BizHub C452 aftermarket toner?

Custom Search

Desert Rat
07-17-2018, 01:07 AM
For the most part I prefer OEM toners. But I find myself looking to save a few
bucks on the toner. I was thinking of getting some from Precision roller.
Most of the time they stand behind even the after market toner.

Has anyone tried aftermarket toner from Precision Roller in this model?

Thanks

DR

blazebusiness
07-17-2018, 02:08 AM
For the most part I prefer OEM toners. But I find myself looking to save a few
bucks on the toner. I was thinking of getting some from Precision roller.
Most of the time they stand behind even the after market toner.

Has anyone tried aftermarket toner from Precision Roller in this model?

Thanks

DR

If you are looking to save money I would stick with the OEM and use Prec Rollers coupon code (RMN10) for 10 percent off the entire order. I hate using generics but , hey, if you are going to do it.....Prec Roller is as good as any I guess. That discount code works on any item they sell. Even the generics.

Or maybe you just need to find a cheaper supplier for the oem Konica stuff. Who else are you using?

ACM technologies in Corona Ca. is a Konica distributor

Desert Rat
07-17-2018, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the reply Blazebusiness. And thanks for mentioning ACM, I use to use those guys. Don't remember
why I stopped. I will look them up again and see what they have.

But I agree it's always better to stick with the OEM stuff.

Thanks again

DR

copyman
07-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Agree, OEM toners with color models. I do use some aftermarket toners for older B&W models, Biz 250, 223, etc but don't want to take a chance of ruining developer units that cost $500 in the color models.
Same with HP printers, only OEM for color models but will use aftermarket in the older B&W models.

There is considerable savings with aftermarket color toners but just not worth it in the long run. One of the worse service calls to go on is for a quality issue and customer is using aftermarket toner. Makes a quality issue much easier to solve if you can take the toner out of the troubleshooting process.

Desert Rat
07-17-2018, 04:45 PM
copyman
Been there, done that, more than once or twice. But I do have a time & material customer running
aftermarket toner in a Canon IRC2550. I just sold him the machine last year. I had some service but
nothing I could track to the toner. For my contract accounts I use the OEM.

DR

Custom Search