PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C353 "Replenish Paper" Even Though there is paper

Custom Search

jonhamil
07-17-2018, 10:03 PM
Hi All

I have an Ineo+ Develop C353. On Tray 1 which is supposed to be A4, it is constantly saying "replenish paper" even though there is paper.

I have removed the tray - which sensor am I looking for please? I have a service manual and am technically competent but have not much experience on copiers.

Many thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Synthohol
07-17-2018, 10:36 PM
could be the black banana actuator, or does the tray even lift? sensors in the back? try swapping physical trays?
was there a job sent to something other than PLAIN paper? (THICK1,2 etc..)
did it happen at a print? copy?
more details.

lazymangr
07-19-2018, 10:17 AM
after some time these machines to close properly the trays so they lift the motor, needs an uppercut hit or kick. i fix this by simply lubricate the tray. when you remove the tray totaly, there is a spot in the back like an ear.its at the 1/3 of the back of the tray from right. i apply lubricate there and then the tray lifts normaly and locks like butter

jonhamil
07-19-2018, 08:37 PM
could be the black banana actuator, or does the tray even lift? sensors in the back? try swapping physical trays?
was there a job sent to something other than PLAIN paper? (THICK1,2 etc..)
did it happen at a print? copy?
more details.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

- What is the black banana actuator please?
- The tray does not lift when empty
- Sensors in the back appear ok.
- Had trouble swapping physical trays
- Was plain paper.
- Happens on copy / print etc.

jonhamil
07-19-2018, 08:38 PM
after some time these machines to close properly the trays so they lift the motor, needs an uppercut hit or kick. i fix this by simply lubricate the tray. when you remove the tray totaly, there is a spot in the back like an ear.its at the 1/3 of the back of the tray from right. i apply lubricate there and then the tray lifts normaly and locks like butter

Thank you - I will try that and get back to you.

Synthohol
07-19-2018, 10:45 PM
Many thanks for your suggestions.

- What is the black banana actuator please?

see pic.
because of the curve as seen from inside the tray it has the same curve as a banana.

rrrohan
07-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Check for cracks in the very rear right of paper tray

If its cracked that black lever wont lower the pickup roller
And im pretty sure if pickup roller isnt lowered and triggeribg its sensor tray lift is never activated

jonhamil
07-21-2018, 09:29 AM

Thank you - this worked! I am not sure which bit looks like an ear.. So I lubricated everything at the back. Pic attached

Thank you again.

Jonathan

jonhamil
07-21-2018, 09:31 AM
Check for cracks in the very rear right of paper tray

If its cracked that black lever wont lower the pickup roller
And im pretty sure if pickup roller isnt lowered and triggeribg its sensor tray lift is never activated

Thank you - no cracks present, but good call. Appreciate that.

jonhamil
07-21-2018, 09:34 AM
see pic.
because of the curve as seen from inside the tray it has the same curve as a banana.

Thank you, I think it is a different tray - see pics below?

Synthohol
07-21-2018, 01:38 PM
just for clarification, the actuator is on the feed assy not the tray.

lazymangr
07-23-2018, 08:41 AM
4020740208 here and here. thats the spot. there is a lever at the machine that detects it. i usually apply lubricant on the trays and problem solved.

Pjud
04-21-2020, 02:57 AM
of note: I had this problem but it turns out, I had too much paper in tray and it would not accept with all the paper. I reduced the paper amount and voila...the error message is now gone...

copier tech
04-21-2020, 08:33 AM
of note: I had this problem but it turns out, I had too much paper in tray and it would not accept with all the paper. I reduced the paper amount and voila...the error message is now gone...

Correct, this is why ALL copiers have a MAX paper limit label on the paper trays. Usually one ream of 80GSM.

Custom Search