PDA

View Full Version : Di 2510 starting issue

Custom Search

copycommerce
09-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Hello guys,

we have one realy nice di 2510 with print/scan boards only at 50k,
we did a clean up , disconecting mfc board and DC board and evrything other.Now the machine doesn't want to start its repeating the initialize test over and over.Last thing we tryed was total clean(counters and all set ups was cleaned) the machine started for no more than a 5 minutes and then the same problem.
Any help will be apreciated.

It seems that its firmware problem...Can someone help with that?

ukyo
09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
What's the point of disconnecting the PCBs at 50k? Maybe you won't have a problem if you had just only clean the IU, never touch the boards.

kmcopytech
09-25-2008, 11:13 AM
May be connected to the issue?

Display interrupt code?

If you want to upgrade the firmware, copies of file in the CF card.

Downunder
09-25-2008, 11:52 AM
try removing the connectors to the mfb board and refit them again. had this once or twice loose connectors.

mitchl
09-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Lets see if we can get you out of the woods on this one. I'm assuming that what is happening is the "Abort" screen is coming up and the machine is doing its auto restart thing. You need to go back over what you took apart, get the clan board (Nic) out and verify that you have the print memory in the back slot CN4 I believe and the scan in the slot closest to the back cover (CN5). Verify all the connections on the MFC3 including that the rom board is seated completely to the MFC3 board. If you found nothing wrong remove the print, scan chips and clan card and fire the thing up and see if it will run, if it does put the print and clan back in and see if it will still go to ready, if so put the scan back in and see what you have. If it goes to ready you had something that wasn't seated properly if it still has a problem post the abort code thats coming up. These are all things you can try without re writing the firmware and again I'm assuming that you don't have the bin files for flashing this machine, understand that if this was me I would verify the connections and immediately re-write the firmware just to eliminate that possibility........ Have fun!

This isnt an Imagistics version of the 2510 is it?

copycommerce
09-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the answers.
We did the reassembly right ...
Actualy the problem permished somehow ^^ After i did a total clean of memory i get to the tech mode and i saw that hard disk option was on,i put it off bcz there is no hard ,then at the configuration sheet it wrote that the machine got 0 Mb of memory but it has 98 Mb.Anyway we still don't know what caused this bizarre thing.Mby there is still somewhere software issue but for now we decided to not touch it :D

Custom Search