PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c35 excessive time to make first copy

Custom Search

rocky_biskit
07-18-2018, 05:56 PM
I have a c35. when making copies, the machine will "hang" for almost 1 to 3 minutes before printing the copy. I just installed a scan belt, which I suspect the customer broke by locking the scanner. They had made mention of the machine doing it before, but every time I showed up, it was printing just fine. After installing the scan cable, and testing machine, it did exactly what the customer said it was doing. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance!! You guys have bailed me out here a few times in the past!

copier tech
07-18-2018, 07:04 PM
I have a c35. when making copies, the machine will "hang" for almost 1 to 3 minutes before printing the copy. I just installed a scan belt, which I suspect the customer broke by locking the scanner. They had made mention of the machine doing it before, but every time I showed up, it was printing just fine. After installing the scan cable, and testing machine, it did exactly what the customer said it was doing. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance!! You guys have bailed me out here a few times in the past!

Disconnect the HDD if it has one (left side behind small cover) & try again, most likely its failing.

rocky_biskit
07-18-2018, 07:15 PM
Disconnect the HDD if it has one (left side behind small cover) & try again, most likely its failing.

Is it possible to install a HD from another system?

copier tech
07-18-2018, 07:34 PM

Yes that should be fine may need to format & delete any partitions.

Albonline
07-18-2018, 08:08 PM

if you do when you format it let it do its thing, unit will restart many times 13 if memory serves, then it will be fine if i remember correctly it has to be a 320gig hdd.

rocky_biskit
07-18-2018, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys!!! One more question. Does the system even need the HDD? Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt it just there for local storage of documents?

copier tech
07-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys!!! One more question. Does the system even need the HDD? Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt it just there for local storage of documents?

I’m pretty sure it will still print & scan without the HDD fitted, try it & see!

Synthohol
07-19-2018, 04:29 AM
it would limit the amount of pages to be scanned if just working off ram.
plus no address book.

Custom Search