PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 920 Pro, print doesn't always line up to the center of page

Custom Search

Jozsef Hollo
07-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Hi, we have a Minolta Bizhub Pro 920, but the print doesn't always align to the center of page, it was worse before I cleaned registration sensor and rollers, but it still can have sometimes an offset of 4mm maybe sometimes more in crossfeed direction. Before cleaning it could have even 2cm, no it is more stable. I checked the manual, info on how to change registration clutch and so on, but doesn't give hints on problems that point to a faulty clutch, so I'm clueless on what to do next.

Phil B.
07-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Hi, we have a Minolta Bizhub Pro 920, but the print doesn't always align to the center of page, it was worse before I cleaned registration sensor and rollers, but it still can have sometimes an offset of 4mm maybe sometimes more in crossfeed direction. Before cleaning it could have even 2cm, no it is more stable. I checked the manual, info on how to change registration clutch and so on, but doesn't give hints on problems that point to a faulty clutch, so I'm clueless on what to do next.

well not enuff info.

does it during PRINT and COPY or just one of them?

are you sure it is due to reg assm?

could the paper feed be shoving it late?

what did you clean the sensors roller with? ( no chemicals on sensors (optic)

did you pull the clutch..buff the shaft and clean the clutch?

post pics of the output

tsbservice
07-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Since topic author just pushed up his own old tread I see that BC told that this machine has reg motor not clutch.
Jozsef Hollo check manual and search for something like registration motor fine speed adjustment. If find play a bit with values and see how it goes.

Jozsef Hollo
07-20-2018, 07:23 AM
Since topic author just pushed up his own old tread I see that BC told that this machine has reg motor not clutch.
Jozsef Hollo check manual and search for something like registration motor fine speed adjustment. If find play a bit with values and see how it goes.

Thank you for your post, the manual calls it registration clutch I will take your advice and try to find out if I can make adjustments like this.

Damn, I can't find in manual or the web such adjustmnet, I will look around in service mode.

Jozsef Hollo
07-20-2018, 07:26 AM
well not enuff info.

does it during PRINT and COPY or just one of them?

are you sure it is due to reg assm?

could the paper feed be shoving it late?

what did you clean the sensors roller with? ( no chemicals on sensors (optic)

did you pull the clutch..buff the shaft and clean the clutch?

post pics of the output

Copy and print as well, I cleaned the roller with "print roller cleaner and restorerer". sensors with alkohol. Uhm, how do I buff the shaft? I don't know what it means, sorry.

Phil B.
07-20-2018, 02:24 PM
Copy and print as well, I cleaned the roller with "print roller cleaner and restorerer". sensors with alkohol. Uhm, how do I buff the shaft? I don't know what it means, sorry.

you do know that you can damage some sensors bu using alcohol on them right?

scotch brite ( green srubby pad ) or Emory bd to buff shaft

Jozsef Hollo
07-20-2018, 02:27 PM

Hi, in service mode I found some timing loop adjustments for registration section, as the manual says to avoid skew or jaming of papaer, do you think these settings could have anything to do with this problem?

Jozsef Hollo
07-20-2018, 02:53 PM
you do know that you can damage some sensors bu using alcohol on them right?

scotch brite ( green srubby pad ) or Emory bd to buff shaft

I hope not, on the intenet I read that i could use some, damn it!

Phil B.
07-20-2018, 04:49 PM
I hope not, on the intenet I read that i could use some, damn it!

some sensors... I ALWAYS check the service manual for proper cleaning.... just like some manuals tell you to use ONLY water when cleaning the pickup rollers

Custom Search