PDA

View Full Version : C454e with DF701 2nd side scanning issue

Custom Search

Taminol
07-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Hi Guys,

A little guidance needed please.

We have a client with a C454e and dual scanner (DF701 I think). Please see attached quality issue, only ever on the 2nd side when using the DF.40182 Please look at page 2
Initially I though this was the CIS, so I changed it, fault went away for 3 days.
Fault back, same as before, spoke with KM, they said symptom was synonymous with CIS and cable being faulty. We didn't have a cable in stock so I took a working DF701 from a showroom printer and fitted this to the clients C454e. The fault went away, this time for 2 days. Fault came back, spoke with KM, they suggested that the DF I fitted was probably a pre-modified, so it would have had the old style CIS cable. I wasn't convinced, but they are the manufacturer, so ordered a cable.
Went back there today, fitted the cable and guess what......3 hours later the same fault came back.
It can't be the DF, but other than reseating all the connectors on the PWB I'm at a bit of a loss.

Any ideas?
Thanks

tsbservice
07-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Did you try to upgrade the firmware? I can only imagine some weird machine/DF FW combo since it's so cruel to have that exact fault to happen with two DFs in that short time. Strange thing that fault goes away and come back, though. Good luck.

P.S.
It also may be the machine itself(main board) and cables to connect DF.

tech51
07-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Do you have any error codes logged?

I had had something similar and it turned out to be the dual scan board.

Might be worth a try.

copier addict
07-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Did you swap the dual scan board when you swapped DF? If not, try it.

Taminol
07-20-2018, 11:36 AM
Thanks for your replies.

The FW is current.
No codes recorded.
I like the idea of swapping the DSIPB (Dual Scanner Board). Will do this on Monday and let you know - thanks

Synthohol
07-20-2018, 01:03 PM
silly question, the scan shows the front side of the meter sheet as page 2? you scanned it 2nd side up in the feeder?

Taminol
07-20-2018, 02:30 PM
silly question, the scan shows the front side of the meter sheet as page 2? you scanned it 2nd side up in the feeder?

Yeah, I scanned it the wrong way up.
Knew someone would pick me up on that!

Albonline
07-20-2018, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I scanned it the wrong way up.
Knew someone would pick me up on that!

clean all optics and cis white reference sheet, go to trouble reset, run aes adjustment.

Boltaction
07-20-2018, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your replies.

The FW is current.
No codes recorded.
I like the idea of swapping the DSIPB (Dual Scanner Board). Will do this on Monday and let you know - thanks

With the issue happening on two different feeders, plus a new cable, my guess would be the Dual Scan Board. If not then MFP board could be at fault.

SAR
07-22-2018, 08:17 PM
I had a similar problem to yours a few years ago and KM recommended the following procedure and it fixed it.
1, Back up machine and customer information.
2. Uninstall the HDD (SYSTEM 2)
3. Format the SSD (logical format)(state confirmation, memory HDD adjust, scroll to pg 2, SSD format, logical).
4. Clear all data (System1, initialization, clear all data)
5. Reinstall the HDD and do a logical format.
6. You will have to install movie data and import the saved settings back to the machine.

Taminol
08-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Ok, so we went back in and changed the Dual Scan board, reseated all the connections on the MFPB.
So far so good, it's been almost 3 days and the client hasn't called back in with the fault. Still early days, but my fingers are crossed.
One other thing worth mentioning is the unusual scan quality we are currently getting. You scan an A4 portrait letter with BOLD text on it, but the scan comes through and random words, and sentences UNBOLDED (is that a word?). Here is a sample. 40286If you look at bullet point 19 you will see the word 'contain', it looks so different to the rest of the sentence. That whole sentence was BOLD. We are scanning to email as a compact pdf.....
This quality fault is intermittent too. We only saw it on 3 pages of a 70 page scan.

srvctec
08-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Ok, so we went back in and changed the Dual Scan board, reseated all the connections on the MFPB.
So far so good, it's been almost 3 days and the client hasn't called back in with the fault. Still early days, but my fingers are crossed.
One other thing worth mentioning is the unusual scan quality we are currently getting. You scan an A4 portrait letter with BOLD text on it, but the scan comes through and random words, and sentences UNBOLDED (is that a word?). Here is a sample. 40286If you look at bullet point 19 you will see the word 'contain', it looks so different to the rest of the sentence. That whole sentence was BOLD. We are scanning to email as a compact pdf.....
This quality fault is intermittent too. We only saw it on 3 pages of a 70 page scan.

If it's happening on compact pdf, try standard pdf and see what happens. Also, do you have the latest F/W installed on machine and all accessories? Since you replaced a board, the other boards might have a different version of F/W and there could be a conflict causing the symptoms.

acusso1234
03-11-2019, 07:12 PM
I had a similar problem to yours a few years ago and KM recommended the following procedure and it fixed it.
1, Back up machine and customer information.
2. Uninstall the HDD (SYSTEM 2)
3. Format the SSD (logical format)(state confirmation, memory HDD adjust, scroll to pg 2, SSD format, logical).
4. Clear all data (System1, initialization, clear all data)
5. Reinstall the HDD and do a logical format.
6. You will have to install movie data and import the saved settings back to the machine.

Tried that today on a C658. An half of the image read by the internal CIS was grayed.
Many thanks for sharing the solution, it worked!

Woxner
03-11-2019, 11:30 PM
had a 224e do the same thing on compact pdf yesturday. went through all the df scan adjustments with the chart. seem to fix the issue. comp. pdf looked fine after i did this. also had latest firmware.

Custom Search