PDA

View Full Version : C451 + IC409 Scan to SMB

Custom Search

B0265
09-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't get scan to SMB to work (server connect error) when I conncet the Emperon Controller via the Fiery to the network. Scan to e-mail works fine. If I connect the Emperon directly to the network, everything works.
I'm in a work group only. What am I missing ?

bigmark
09-26-2008, 02:13 AM
scanning through the emperon controller once the 409 is connected is a little harder, set the emperon to DHCP, and connect it to the Fiery controllers extra port. now if the Fiery ip addy is 10.1.1.44 it will auto set the emperon controlers IP address to 10.1.1.45 it set it one higher than the Fiery IP addy. you must let it go through the Fiery... or it wont work correctly. If you are getting a server connect error with the scan to email portion of it, its probably because the authentication on the MFP is more complicted and secure than that of the Fiery. will have to play with the authentication methods....

Haroldbfix
09-26-2008, 04:59 AM
I can't get scan to SMB to work (server connect error) when I conncet the Emperon Controller via the Fiery to the network. Scan to e-mail works fine. If I connect the Emperon directly to the network, everything works.
I'm in a work group only. What am I missing ?

I had a similar issue, for me the problem was with their network . The IT guy didn't configure the switch to allow network traffic from both IP addresses. Usually the copier using one address, well with the new equipment with the fiery you need two addresses.

As Bigmark said this is provided that the engine is DHCP and the Fiery has assign the engine the Ip address that is one up from the Fiery.

B0265
09-26-2008, 07:29 AM
I have set the Emperon to DHCP and the Fiery to "Obtain IP for engine =OK". I can print to the Emperon, scan to e-mail and use the Pagescope web connection. It's is only scan to SMB that doesn't work. I have tried "Direct input" and browsed the network but get "Failed to retrieve".

If I connect the Emperon Controller directly to the network and use the same IP address as it was assigned via the Fiery everything works.

It's only a workgroup, no domain.

I found that it is a DNS problem, using IP address works. I havn't figured out why it doesn't work using Host Names when the DNS settings are the same in both cases.
I also found that "SMB browsing" isn't supported when you use a single network cable, that's why the "Direct input" method didn't work.

bigmark
09-26-2008, 12:14 PM
I found that it is a DNS problem, using IP address works. I havn't figured out why it doesn't work using Host Names when the DNS settings are the same in both cases.
I also found that "SMB browsing" isn't supported when you use a single network cable, that's why the "Direct input" method didn't work.

the reason its not working is because what happens is the Fiery creates a isolated network, the IP of the emperon controller will actually be something totally different from the network address you use to access it. The fiery acts like a router, and then directs the packets to the emperon controller. there for, technically, the emperon controller can not see the local DNS names correctly, and browsing will fail. the "network" is not in the same subnet.... technically... not sure why they did it this way, but thats the way it is.

konisolver
09-26-2008, 03:16 PM
What I have done for this type of configuration is to use the Fiery for printing only and the emperon(regular node on the network via dhcp away from the fiery) for scanning. This method has made all of my installations smooth with no issues. Just explain it to them that the emperon has a better compression than the fiery. Plus the fiery was meant to print high quality. If they do not have two ports available go to your nearest electronic store and buy a cheap 4 port switch.

kmcopytech
09-28-2008, 12:52 PM
The need to update the firmware to solve the problem:

bizhub C451
MFP firmware Ver. GCC-J8
Subject: Scan function does not work when connecting Management Device 2 and IC-409. etc. (Ver.GCC-J8)

The following issues are solved in this firmware.

1) If connecting CU-1 and IC-409 to the copier, Scan to SMB, Scan to FTP and Scan to e-mail failed. [PEBJTG08003781]

2) By performing Data Clear for NVRAM after upgrading the version to i-Option2, when pushing the Box key, application menu will be displayed. [PEBJKS08004361]
If application menu has been already displayed when pushing the Box key, it is possible to bring the application menu back to the box menu after installing this Firmware.
Software SW No. 78 0x02: bring back to box menu

3) When connecting Key Counter, OpenAPI application does not work. [PEKN__08000613]

4) Issues corrected on ver.GC6-J8 are included in this Firmware.

<C451 MFP controller firmware>
Model:bizhub C451
Program Name:MFP firmware
Current Ver:GC6-J8
New Ver: Gcc-J8
Program file name:A00K0Y0-F000-GCC-J8.EXE
Check Sum:E0DD

[Download file name]
A00K0Y0-F000-GCC-J8.EXE
PRI_DLBT0802175EN.doc

Are there to help you?

Custom Search