PDA

View Full Version : Jamming KM Bizhub 223, duplex jamming

Custom Search

callmefirst
07-24-2018, 05:06 PM
I have a KM Bizhub 223 that jams every time in the duplex vertical turnaround after the paper passes the upper sensor. I am not an experienced Konica Minolta Tech and would appreciate any assistance.

Toxic
07-24-2018, 10:45 PM
I would first check and clean duplex sensors and sensor actuator if they not dislocated,broken or jamed.
Then check duplex motor.
You can check sensors function in service mode,state confirmation-sensor check

copyman
07-24-2018, 11:03 PM
What is jam code?

avecosat
07-26-2018, 01:22 PM
I always change sensors, bushes and clutch and clean and lubricate the registration rollers

joshua_94
08-05-2018, 06:03 AM
Hello! I kind of have the same problem also. The jam code is
66-14The paper would jam at the ADF exit section. Sometimes, some papers would go through without any problem. What I've done so far are cleaned the sensors, rollers, and bushing. The motor seems to be functioning just fine. I've attached videos of the jamming.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pxaEXX2ynIis5jluzS9QM4f1efHr01Qd/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TSZzsIxaNn5arpBfYxnvDtAGy-gvSzGP/view?usp=sharing

blackcat4866
08-05-2018, 11:52 AM
You're a little closer to fixing your machine since you have a jam code. The next step is to look up that jam code in the field service manual.

I don't know why I'm doing this ... ok, 66-14 jam involves PS4 document reading sensor and PS5 exit sensor. If you need help locating those sensors the diagram is on page 638 of that same field service manual.

You can also check the operation of those sensor in ADF Sensor Check described on page 543 of that same field service manual.

Wow! With all that useful information all in one document, maybe you'd like to look at that field service manual. Just a thought. =^..^=

tsbservice
08-05-2018, 02:44 PM
66-14The paper would jam at the ADF exit section...

Off topic:

It is untimely to mix questions in one common topic. Instead, try to post your own thread.
This will help greatly when other members search for problem like your with ADF.
Anyway, good person like blackcat already pointed your attention to the right direction.
Get that sevice manual and start reading.

Synthohol
08-05-2018, 10:58 PM
66-14The paper would jam at the ADF exit section. Sometimes, some papers would go through without any problem. What I've done so far are cleaned the sensors, rollers, and bushing. The motor seems to be functioning just fine. I've attached videos of the jamming.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pxaEXX2ynIis5jluzS9QM4f1efHr01Qd/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TSZzsIxaNn5arpBfYxnvDtAGy-gvSzGP/view?usp=sharing
the vid shows a physical issue, like a one way bushing is slipping on the front side when it retracts the paper and only thye rear rollers are spinning backwards.
may even be a broken or snagged gate the the rear of the paper catches on.
i saw the 2nd vid, maybe give the exit actuator spring another wrap.

callmefirst
08-07-2018, 01:26 AM
Finally got back to machine with duplex problem today. There was a piece of mylar that was interfering with paper as paper was exiting duplex turnaround. Thanks everyone for your input.

joshua_94
08-09-2018, 10:58 AM
the vid shows a physical issue, like a one way bushing is slipping on the front side when it retracts the paper and only thye rear rollers are spinning backwards.
may even be a broken or snagged gate the the rear of the paper catches on.
i saw the 2nd vid, maybe give the exit actuator spring another wrap.
I finally fixed it today by scraping some parts beneath the guide where the separation roller is mounted. The guide keeps hitting the edge of the paper during duplex copying.

I still don't know how it happened though since it's not possible to do adjustments in the guide. It only had 1 screw on the side.

blackcat4866
08-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Perhaps the DF is not resting squarely on top of the MFP, and the exit ramp on the glass does not align with the exit ramp on the DF?

If it were me, I'd raise the DF just 25mm or so and shine my flashlight down the slit glass to see if they align, or more likely cross over each other. A good reference is just to stand back a little and observe weather the DF is about square on the top of the machine. =^..^=

Custom Search