PDA

View Full Version : C368 colour quality

Custom Search

copier addict
07-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Hey everybody.
We recently sold a customer a C368. It is an ad company. The customer showed a document he had printed on the machine we replaced, a Toshiba I don't know the model, and the same document printed on the C368 and even though the C368 colour was okay, the Toshiba printed document was more vibrant. The blacks are more solid where the C368 blacks are what he described as "muddy". And the colours are more "colourful" on the Toshiba as well.
The machine has four new drums.
I adjusted the max density as high as it would go and ran gradation.
Does anyone have any advice on how fix this, or is Toshiba just better with colour?

Synthohol
07-24-2018, 05:37 PM
He needs a fiery for pfp color. The emperor controller is business color which is not fiery quality.
The standard controller does not know what a Pantone is. Fiery does.
If the print quality is important always get a fiery period
/.02

copier addict
07-24-2018, 05:50 PM
He needs a fiery for pfp color. The emperor controller is business color which is not fiery quality.
The standard controller does not know what a Pantone is. Fiery does.
If the print quality is important always get a fiery period
/.02

I appreciate the info, but what I was really looking for was info on machine settings that would improve colour reproduction.
/.03

Synthohol
07-24-2018, 07:15 PM
There is a setting for quality or production. Choose quality.

copier addict
07-24-2018, 09:38 PM
There is a setting for quality or production. Choose quality.

I will check that out, thanks

Synthohol
07-24-2018, 10:58 PM
i just scanned the service manual, that setting may only be on the faster models as i did not see it.
my apologies.

did you run toner add and then reset and stabilize then all the gradations?

SalesServiceGuy
07-25-2018, 02:08 AM
Can you get the model # of the Toshiba?

Are you using a Postscript print driver?

What is the source document you are comparing to? PDF?

If the Toshiba you replaced (frown) had an 8 bit RIP and the KM C368 is a 5 bit RIP you will never match the quality.

When you say you replaced four drums are you saying that you did not supply the customer with a new copier? Are the CMYK developers past their PM schedule?

allan
07-25-2018, 05:39 AM
Found that for some reason if you print using the PCL driver the true grey is printed in composite and the colour vary from print to print.
Changing the quality to 1200 dpi fixed that.

copier addict
07-25-2018, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I forgot to mention in the initial post that the customer is using a Mac (sigh). So it is PS.
The C368 is not new, but it a low meter, around 100k, refurb.
The document is printing from "Preview" so maybe there is a better program to use that will help?

copier addict
07-26-2018, 08:50 PM
I was just back at the customer's and the Toshiba is an eStudio 2555c.

blackcat4866
07-27-2018, 01:28 AM
This starts the conversation that:
"A Toshiba will not look like a Konica Minolta, will not look like an HP, will not look like a *fill in other brand here* ...."

There are too many differences between machines and supplies for the prints to look identical. It's just not going to happen. You get this especially when you've got two machines of the same make and model side by side. "This one is slightly more *fill in your adjective here* than the other one." The two machines will usually be at a different stage in the maintenance cycle, some components worn more then others... They will never be consistently identical.

=^..^=

Synthohol
07-27-2018, 02:50 AM
i have had issues with preview before too, open as a pdf and try again.
also in admin mode there is PS designer setting, enable it.

Custom Search