PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Upgrade from bizhub 451/550 series to bizhub 454e/554e

Custom Search

dbeyma
07-25-2018, 12:24 AM
I have my own print shop in my house and had bought about 8 of the 451/550 bizhubs (used) over the last 2 and a half years. Before that I had about 6 Bizhub 352/300. I've come a long way.....Some of the 451/550 I bought just for parts and some were great cash cows but was frustrated with the image unit games, especially the black iu spilling destroying the yellow iu (yes, I installed the holding bracket on every one!):mad: I'm so over it now.... So after reading up on Copytechnet I finally bought a 454e for $850 at an auction and was a little nervous at first when it ate a brand new transfer belt (the blade flipped, don't know why:confused:) but now I have 3 of them and is easier to maintain so far:cool:....crossed fingers...and I'm giving up and moving on from the 451/550s

So the problem I have now is those 451/550's are clogging up my garage. Does anyone need a 451 or 550 and 3 finishers? I have 6 of them for sale...parts or just one or the whole lot.... make an offer. The wifey wants to park her car in there again.. Happy wife Happy life!

Dean from Lake Orion, Michigan
Where living is a vacation
And if we run out of money
We go down to the garage and print more!

Phil B.
07-25-2018, 01:42 AM
maybe try posting in this forum?
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/for-sale-trade-or-wanted/

blackcat4866
07-25-2018, 08:03 PM
It's close, but I have enough junk of my own in the garage.

But thanks! =^..^=

copyman
07-25-2018, 10:15 PM
Call a metal scrapper and hopefully he will take them for free. Otherwise you may be stuck with paying to get rid of them!

Phil B.
07-25-2018, 11:10 PM
well if he's going to trash them... strip the wiring out ( recycle if copper good $$)
take plastics - glass - toners out. remember that the drum/fuser cores have aluminum in them ( also good $$ )

i get all old/trash machines from my shop... and along with my aluminum recycling .. I make decent money off the aluminum and steel from drum/fuser cores.

or he can part out the good parts and sell them on EBay.

Custom Search