PDA

View Full Version : CQ Konica Minolta 4050 and 3320 IU

Custom Search

allan
07-26-2018, 06:40 AM
Hi guys

Having a huge issue with these two models of machines when it comes to IU failure.

Anyone know the lexmark model numbers for these?

It seems to be caused by damp or just bad toner quality.
The units does less than 10K then the toner needs to be vacuumed out of the hopper and the doctor blade needs a clean.
Toner makes clumps and does not cover the toner roller making void bands and eats away at the toner roller.
Busy testing one with TN113(B160) toner and it seems fine used TN512! and that worked(its a mono component?). Problem is its to expensive to empty the original toner and refill it,
but still less of a loss!

KM claims that there is firmware for the 3320 but not for the 4050 that increases the first print out speed by 1 second to fix the issue... Not buying it.

So to replace toner chips, where could i find those?

Bix
07-26-2018, 08:47 AM
Hi

the bizhub 4050 is Lexmark xm3150.

I have found this document. Maybe can help you ;);) http://iwt.kiev.ua/files/Lexmark_MS_MX_Series.pdf

greglogston
07-26-2018, 03:16 PM
Haven't had any problems with these models. I think maybe someone is just trying to figure cut costs and find some chips.

copyrooks
07-26-2018, 03:19 PM
I've had the same issues with IU's not going til end of life. They either start having copy quality issues or start dumping toner/developer. Good idea to have an IU on your carstock if you service a bunch of these small guys.

allan
07-26-2018, 05:01 PM
Thanks for that info.

For the rebuild haters:

Not trying to make profit, rather to break even.
The toner that KM supplies for these is questionable.
Its more cost effective to take a new toner cartridge dump all the toner and filling it with TN113!!

Will be shopping for toner chips.

SmellsHot
07-26-2018, 11:22 PM
I've been waiting for someone to make a generic toner or a source for chips, because these machines dump all over all the time.....it's ridiculous.

3ktlc
08-03-2018, 06:50 PM
every 3320 I have installed, the drum has not lasted past 25k. It does drop toner too.
The 4050's have been ok with the supplies. Just display problems.

Brett GS
02-21-2019, 05:54 PM
Anyone got a solution for this.
I got one that the iu prints lines long before life.
Changed 2 iu's already and machine has 6000 clicks only.

allan
02-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Anyone got a solution for this.
I got one that the iu prints lines long before life.
Changed 2 iu's already and machine has 6000 clicks only.

Brett KM is ignoring this one flat.

Its toner in my opinion. Bad crap in KM boxes! Some shady business is going on there.

Get the torx screw driver to remove the doctor blade and vacuum the toner out and wipe the blade.
Then let new toner run in and the lines are gone! But 1000 to 5000 prints later they are back.
Out of frustration i took a TN113 toner and filled a toner cartridge with that and the machine worked fine with that thru a whole bottle.
Since then i have not touched one of those machine. Doing high volume only:D.
One of the guys in Durban even claims TN512 does the job.

If you get more info on this please share.
They gave me firmware!!! for that problem, really firmware?

Synthohol
02-21-2019, 10:36 PM
when IUs fail early we just get them replaced for free from KM.

korthr5
02-22-2019, 10:10 AM
Hello

The 4050, is Lexmark with Konica Firmware.

Konica buy the toners and the IU for 4050 and other remarked models, from Lexmark

Lexmark have this problem on all machines black and color except the new ones released on last year.

Lexmark assume the problem but it will not solve it on old models.

Konica not ignoring the problem. The problem is Lexmark ignoring the problem

You can change the toner and clean de blade, but when blade is dirt if you see with a magnifying glass you note the blade is hurt, therefore after you clean the blade the white stripes return after 1000 prints.

Konica have 2 or 3 TAD explain that.

copier addict
02-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Hello

Konica buy the toners and the IU for 4050 and other remarked models, from Lexmark

Lexmark have this problem on all machines black and color except the new ones released on last year.

You can change the toner and clean de blade, but when blade is dirt if you see with a magnifying glass you note the blade is hurt, therefore after you clean the blade the white stripes return after 1000 prints.

I have called KonMin several times concerning consumables crapping out early on rebadged Lexmarks and have always got the same response. "Nobody else is having this problem" So, yes KonMin IS ignoring the problem and will do nothing about it. The machines we sell have Konica Minolta labels on them so Konica Minolta should take some responsibility.
Rant over. :cool:

korthr5
02-22-2019, 01:25 PM
I have called KonMin several times concerning consumables crapping out early on rebadged Lexmarks and have always got the same response. "Nobody else is having this problem" So, yes KonMin IS ignoring the problem and will do nothing about it. The machines we sell have Konica Minolta labels on them so Konica Minolta should take some responsibility.
Rant over. :cool:

Hello in Portugal, the KM replace the IU when not reach 100% for free.

allan
02-22-2019, 01:57 PM
Hello

I have removed the fine scratches on the blade where it makes contact with the toner roller with 1000 then 1500 then 2000 grid sand paper.
It helps for a while. The toner is too abrasive and seems damp. A TN113 after a decade on a shelf is still a soft airy powered that runs like water.
Then moisture in the packed toner! Or the resin they used is hydrophilic?

3ktlc
02-22-2019, 02:01 PM
I've been waiting for someone to make a generic toner or a source for chips, because these machines dump all over all the time.....it's ridiculous.
Clover makes compatible toner for the 4050/4750. So fa, it works great. No toner spillage, lines, etc.

allan
02-22-2019, 02:10 PM
The toner boxes we get here is not branded with any real effort and not the same volumetric size as the lexmark product??
Smell something fishy!

korthr5
02-22-2019, 03:03 PM
Compatible toner, resin toner, original toner i have the same problem.

- If the client prints few pages per day - IU make white lines afert 10000 or 150000
- If the client prints all day long all days - IU allmost the times go to 100% usage.
- If the envairoment have too mast moisture - IU make white lines afert 10000 or 150000
- If the quiet mode disable and “Advanced Start and Smart Run Out” disable - IU make the wite lines afert 30000 or 40000.

So far i cant find a solution for use the IU to 100%

srvctec
02-22-2019, 04:13 PM
when IUs fail early we just get them replaced for free from KM.

Hello in Portugal, the KM replace the IU when not reach 100% for free.

Here in the USA, they don't cover these small machines' consumables for warranty.

allan
02-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Wonder if its possible to insert some silica gel packets where the augers inside the toner cartridge wont get to it?

Synaux
02-23-2019, 02:48 AM
Someone got the MSDS for the toner? It would be interesting to compare to some on the bigger MFPs and maybe refill cartridges?

Brett GS
08-15-2019, 07:01 PM
Still sitting with this issue.
Any other ideas.
Also got toners only running about 1500 clicks,about 20% coverage.

Desert Rat
08-15-2019, 08:13 PM
Thanks for posting this info. As an Indy I will avoid this model at all cost. I'm disappointed that KM is acting like there is no problem.
Profit before customer satisfaction is the real problem. They have to recover their costs.
To bad a lot good techs are very frustrated by this attitude.

DR

Toxic
08-15-2019, 09:16 PM
Reading this i see i will have "fun" in recent future because we recently lease 6 piece of used 4050.
Btw never before worked too much with these little crap machines and did not liked them on first sight. :(
Later i find out its not really KM machines as it can be seen by crappy design at first look.

Custom Search