PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C554e - Fiery (IC414) automatic power up.

Custom Search

Kapral
07-27-2018, 01:53 PM
Hello,
one of my clients has a Bizhub C552 machine with Fiery controller. The controller powers up automatically, when the machine is turned on using main switch.
Not so long ago we've installed Bizhub C554 with Fiery in his office, but the client is annoyed by the fact, that the controller won't boot up automatically, whenever he's switching the machine on.
Is there a way to make the controller boot up on machine start?
I've checked all the configuration options in Fiery, looked into machine service manual, but found nothing that could help me.
Anyone?

Synthohol
07-27-2018, 03:16 PM
Real simple, plug the fiery into the wall so it never turns off.
It's fine that way.

Kapral
07-27-2018, 04:14 PM
I obviously know, that one can do that, but that's not the solution in this case, because client is kind of sensitive about his devices, since one time he had a major power surge and lost a few computers and an old Bizhub C350.

Synthohol
07-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Accidental dupe post

Synthohol
07-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Ok if it supports it, plug a monitor and keyboard into the fiery. Get into the bios and there should be something about power on or resume after power loss so when it gets power it will turn on by itself.
If that entry is missing, it is what it is.

Albonline
07-27-2018, 08:08 PM
Ok if it supports it, plug a monitor and keyboard into the fiery. Get into the bios and there should be something about power on or resume after power loss so when it gets power it will turn on by itself.
If that entry is missing, it is what it is.

this will work, but be very careful in bios,flip the wrong switch and you may be in deep.

Drummy
07-28-2018, 12:13 AM
Had a customer with same concern once, I plugged the Fiery into a battery backup, even if a power outage or surge occurred all stayed well.

Synthohol
07-28-2018, 03:12 AM
that does not seem to be the point though, he shuts it off at night and eventually it will go all FF on him because its not being shut down properly just turning it off but thats another story.
IMHO the fiery should be on 24/7 to not only be available to the copier but to avoid corruption of system software from improper shut down.

Custom Search