PDA

View Full Version : CQ BizHub C6500 - Color Calibration

Custom Search

CPM Mike
07-28-2018, 09:20 PM
I have two Bizhub C6500's that I've had for several years that work well. I've maintained them myself all these years including fuser rebuilds. I am not a technician.

I have not paid much attention to calibrating the color on either machine and probably last did it years ago.

I tried to calibrate one today using the tools in CWS 6.

The scanner calibration went smoothly but the machine calibration failed as it kept saying it couldn't detect the ColorCal grayscale bar even though I tried many times and think I was following the directions properly.

Is there a procedure I need to follow prior to using CWS to calibrate?

Is it worthwhile to find a EFI ES-1000 to get a better result (where to buy one?)?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Synthohol
07-29-2018, 12:10 AM
i highly recommend the densitometer, its the only way to get consistent color and a real calibration.
just to ask, when you tried colorcal did you align the kodak grey strip along the top of the printed sheet?
also eBay - Page Not Found <---link works (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R2.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xes-1000.TRS0&_nkw=efi+es-1000&_sacat=0)

CPM Mike
07-30-2018, 01:48 PM
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I did align the Kodak grayscale strip on the printed sheet.

I tried it numerous times in all sorts of ways on the sheet, right side up, upside down, I just couldn't get it to accept.

It seemed simple enough but I finally gave up.

The weird thing was that the scanner calibration went smoothly.

Custom Search