PDA

View Full Version : 8 series STOP LIFE

Custom Search

greglogston
07-31-2018, 08:26 PM
I have stop life enabled on an 8 series machine but machine is showing replace cyan drum message. Anyone know fix or cause for this?

Phil B.
07-31-2018, 09:10 PM
I have stop life enabled on an 8 series machine but machine is showing replace cyan drum message. Anyone know fix or cause for this?

WELL what is the life showing on the cyan drum?

why do people REFUSE to give such important details when asking for a solution?

STOP LIFE = when consumable @ EOL... the machine STOPS functioning

greglogston
07-31-2018, 10:04 PM
Wait. So by default the machine is set to keep running even if life of parts has passed? I just assumed the opposite, crapola on a stick.

Edit: Apparently the 4e series is enabled by default and the 8 series is not.

mincopier
07-31-2018, 11:02 PM
So did the machine stop functioning?

There are two settings in the machine. One for the message and one for preventing the machine from shutting down at he end of life of the consumables. Apparently the replace message is still enabled. Check the setup guide and it will walk you through the steps. Part of which has the enable and disable message.

REGSIS
08-02-2018, 06:15 AM
Wait. So by default the machine is set to keep running even if life of parts has passed? I just assumed the opposite, crapola on a stick.

Edit: Apparently the 4e series is enabled by default and the 8 series is not.

Default on 8 series is to show you no warning and keep running until you get lines on image, but that comes around the predicted lifetime. So, anyway the drum needs to be replaced.

Custom Search