PDA

View Full Version : Re: Firmware Flash Media Question...

Custom Search

Copycat2
09-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Can anyone tell me what Flash Card I would use to update the Firmware in a Minolta CF2001 col. copier/printer to accomodate the new Oil Suppy Unit (part #4697-181)? I've read that I would need a CompactFlash Card, but there are so many different kinds - as well as capacities. I have one that is manufactured by SanDisk and is used by professional photographers. I don't want to damage the copier by trying it. It is a SanDisk CompactFlash Extreme IV 8GB card.

Also, what reader/writer device would you recommend? I have never flashed a Minolta machine before and just wanted to get the facts straight before I do.

Thanks for reading!

Albonline
09-25-2008, 08:36 PM
im assumeing that this is the same as a konica 8020. if so the card is a 16mb linier ram pcmcia.card. load card with swap ftl utility. Using a compact flash card with a PCMCIA adapter is not supported for flashing firmware on this model. The standard PCMCIA flash card must be used with the SwapFTL utility to flash firmware on this model.

Copycat2
09-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks Albonline for the reply,

Where can I get one of these "original" PCMCIA Flash Cards, as well as the reader/writer? The card you mentioned is rather OLD technology! There's lots of those PCMCIA adapters out there, but no cards or writers. Also, do I have to source a 16MB PCMCIA Flash Card? Could I also use other capacities, or does the col. copier only recognize the 16MB Flash Card? Maybe someone would either sell me or let me borrow the PCMCIA Flash Card with the Minolta CF2001 Oil Supply Roller Firmware ver. 52 already on it, as I'm having one heck of a time getting my hands on this discontinued technology!

Thanks for your help.

dogsbody
09-27-2008, 12:25 AM
last time i had to do this (a long time ago) PTSC sent me the card, i updated the machines and then i had to send it back. don't know how things work in your neck of the woods, but you may have to ring your konica technical support and see what they can do for you.
cheers.

Custom Search