PDA

View Full Version : TA3551ci with error c2201 + F345

Custom Search

axyun
08-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Was at customer yesterday on TA3551ci. They called about consistent jamming. There was small piece of folded
paper in delivery unit before finisher bridge. I removed and noticed damaged fuser rollers. Customer had fuser unit (MK-8305C)
which I changed.

There was black background down middle , only black even when doing full color. I assumed black drum unit(DK-8505/302LC90314).
I wanted to confirm and attempted to check drum though have never done on this machine before and did not have this model on
my flash drive. Started taking screws off inner cover unit after removing waste unit. Saw that there was some resistance thought it
started to come away from machine after squeezing L + R levers. I stopped and reinstalled and figured I would wait to get service
which shows removal of fuser and partial removal of transfer belt unit before removal of waste unit and inner cover unit.

Told customer he would need black drum unit and ran about 100 pages before leaving yesterday. Customer called an hour ago
and said machine is jamming and they are getting 2 error codes. C2201 and F345. I see C2201 has to do with black drum drive
and not sure about F345 though saw something about corrupted scan job or trying to run one scan job while another is still
processing. Please help if you can as I am thinking bout stopping by today before drum comes in. Your help is always appreciated
and sorely needed. Frank

JR2ALTA
08-02-2018, 08:45 PM
The F code is unrelated and probably just a corrupt job that can be cleared away.

I have seen drum drive error +jam. It was caused by solidified (generic) toner in the drum waste section . It broke the auger and the toner pushed the blade up into the drum so the drum stop turning.

If your customer is using generic you may find background, which would require a dev unit. Vacuuming it out isn't really possible.

Removing the big section in front of the drums is a pain, but you get used to it. Newer machines don't have that beast in there anymore.

axyun
08-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Thank you JR . I customer has told me over hone that they have been getting
C2201 codes since day before I came. Evidently they print and copy as it does
not occur thvery consistently. I ran sbout a hundred pages yesterday and didn’t
get a code. Just got background down middle and only on black. I ordered black
drum unit and expect tomorrow. Customer did not tell me about C2201 codes
until today. So you think i may also need dv unit? The smudges + lines run about
5 inches long at middle of drum as though some rubbed against middle of drum
while it was turning. As you say possibly blade. Frank

axyun
08-05-2018, 08:10 PM
saw no issue with wast auger. Replaced black drun unit and smudges went away as did the c2201 errors. Ran about 300 pages. Did not seee f345 error and as you have mentioned probably due to scanning temporary error. Thanks for your help and info Jr.. FRank

Custom Search