PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 454e will not connect to web interface

Custom Search

pjr60
08-03-2018, 06:52 PM
After a factory reset the web interface worked for little over a day. After about a day and a half the interface quit working. I can PING the Machine and print to the machines but no web interface.This happened to two machines

Phil B.
08-03-2018, 07:05 PM
After a factory reset the web interface worked for little over a day. After about a day and a half the interface quit working. I can PING the Machine and print to the machines but no web interface.This happened to two machines

check settings on RUI... sounds like an address has changed

qbert69
08-03-2018, 07:11 PM
Excellent Question! I am glad you are posting on a Konica-Minolta machine as our business just was bought out by a Konica-Minolta dealer which has purged and is purging Ricoh/Savin from our customers of which we can no longer support with firmware & parts.

To your issue now. We had put some 4 Series KMBS machines in a local newspaper office and had one, a black & white machine, which if I remember correctly exhibited the very same issue you are having. Long story short, the hard drive needed replacing, since I could ping the machine but not access the web interface. So to remedy, you'll have to replace hard disk drive, reload movie data firmware & system firmware and redo system settings--these should be able to be copied via thumbdrive from another 4 series machine on your local area network. If you're not a KMBS technician I highly recommend contacting one for support as this is not exactly a simple or straightforward issue as just replacing the hard drive. If it was a Ricoh/Savin, it would be as simple as replacing the hard drive, reformatting & setting system settings. Not so with KMBS. This is where if you are an end user it is extremely beneficial to have a service contract as it takes care of issues such as this without muss or fuss.

Cheers!

:cool:

Custom Search