PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine BizHub C250 won't print, led data blinking

Custom Search

Garrett85
08-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Hi All,

I have an old BizHub C250, I changed some fault units and now it seem to work, but only for copies.

The problem is printing from a pc. If a printing is launched from a pc the Data led is blinking and no errors are reported. No works in the queue are listed. The machine remain ready for copies.

I set network parameters, I'm able to navigate through the webserver and ping it's ok, this means that the connection it's ok.

I tried to format the Hard Disk.

I tried to clear data in service mode.

I tried various drivers, including an old Windows XP pc with it's original drivers, that pc with this driver has worked perfectly with the machine until some years ago.

I tried to launch a demo print directly on board from the keypad, it doesn't print and no errors are reported.

Any suggestion?

I would try to update the firmware, I have the Imaging firmware toolkit but not the firmware. Does anyone have the latest firmware update for that machine?

Thank you,

Andrea

copyman
08-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Since you can't print the test pages then you probably have a bad MFP board. I have always found if you can print internal test pages controller is usually good.

Let me know if you end up needing any parts. I have 2 working machines that I was going to strip parts from and sell on ebay.

giddyupngo
08-07-2018, 10:31 PM
Sometimes if you login to the copier through a browser, there is a direct print option where you can send a *.txt file directly to the copier bypassing any drivers. In know there is one on the bizhub 361. That may help narrow down the possible problems. You may also want to try a different network cable, make sure the network cable isn't being routed through a surge suppressor, or printing directly from a laptop.

Woxner
08-08-2018, 12:59 AM
are you using authentication or account track? if so the code needs to be entered in the driver. but mfp would be next.

Synthohol
08-08-2018, 03:37 AM
i would try firmware first since it will make copies
good luck with your dinosaur :)

Garrett85
08-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Sometimes if you login to the copier through a browser, there is a direct print option where you can send a *.txt file directly to the copier bypassing any drivers. In know there is one on the bizhub 361. That may help narrow down the possible problems. You may also want to try a different network cable, make sure the network cable isn't being routed through a surge suppressor, or printing directly from a laptop.

On BizHub 250 you can print demo page, PCL font page and PS font page through the web browser, you can't send a txt file. By the way it doesn't print any of these pages.
But if I try to print the counter page from the keyboard, it prints. That is the only page that is printed, the counter page.

Since you can't print the test pages then you probably have a bad MFP board. I have always found if you can print internal test pages controller is usually good.

Let me know if you end up needing any parts. I have 2 working machines that I was going to strip parts from and sell on ebay.

As I told to giddyupngo, the machine doesn't print test pages from the webserver, but it print the counter page from the keyboard. Can I assume that the MFP board is ok?

are you using authentication or account track? if so the code needs to be entered in the driver. but mfp would be next.

I turned of any authentication found in the machine, but I will check better. Do you know the specific sub-menu I have to check?

copyman
08-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Had another thought, I had a machine doing what you describe and it turned out the controller detail was set to #2. It has to be set for "0" which is standard controller. It's in service mode under "system 2" "Image controller setting"

The account track is in the Admin settings

Garrett85
08-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Had another thought, I had a machine doing what you describe and it turned out the controller detail was set to #2. It has to be set for "0" which is standard controller. It's in service mode under "system 2" "Image controller setting"

The account track is in the Admin settings

Thank you for the advice, the controller was just set to 0 and in the account track there aren't any kind of authentications, all is permitted.

copyman
08-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Sorry to say it looks like everything has been covered. Might have to start looking at the MFP board being bad

Garrett85
08-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Sorry to say it looks like everything has been covered. Might have to start looking at the MFP board being bad

I bought the latest firmware from copierfirmware.co.uk just right now, I want to try to update the machine to the latest firmware avaiable. I will let you know, thank you.

Garrett85
08-27-2018, 03:59 PM
Hello,

I was not be able to upgrade the firmware, probably because I failed to find a compatible brand of CF Cards, tryed some different brand (kingstone, sandisk) in different sizes (128-256-512) without success.

By the way I try to find out some evidence of faulty compenents.

I notice that the memory usage is always 100% even if the machine is just powered on without any job launched.

So I started playing in the Memory Check menu and I carried out some memory tests and I found that the Compression/Decompression check give the error C-4765

All other memory tests seems to be good.

Any suggests?

Thank you

copyman
08-28-2018, 04:21 AM
Memory is suppose to be at 100% and will drop lower when scanning, etc. In other words it's telling you machine has 100% of memory left to use.
Still looking like you need NVRAM and/or MFP board replaced

Garrett85
08-28-2018, 08:02 AM
Memory is suppose to be at 100% and will drop lower when scanning, etc. In other words it's telling you machine has 100% of memory left to use.
Still looking like you need NVRAM and/or MFP board replaced

I read on other sites that there is an NVRAM recovery tool, where can I find it?

Thank you

Garrett85
08-28-2018, 10:58 AM
PROBLEM SOLVED

Since I was unable to update the firmware through the CF card I done it via ISW update.

It is very simple, you just need to setting up an FTP Server on a PC connected to the same network of the printer (Filezilla works fine) and follow the procedure attached.

After updating the firmware the machine started to print correctly over the network.

Thank you for your support.

Andrea

copyman
08-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Good to hear it worked out. Keep in mind that model is 10+ yrs old and no longer supported by K/M.

Custom Search