PDA

View Full Version : Ecosys M2540dw - parallel adjustment ?

Custom Search

kuby
08-09-2018, 05:42 PM
Is there a parallelogram image adjustment for this printer? Copies from glass and DF come out shewed - out of parallel. Tried making sure the paper cassette was OK, no help. This is a new machine. some pages worst than others but it is always there. More noticeable on full page scans, look at the bottom and tops. Usually off 2 - 3 mm.

Checked the scanner carriage - OK. Checked paper tray - OK.

Thanks

Geo
08-10-2018, 02:39 AM
Is there a parallelogram image adjustment for this printer? Copies from glass and DF come out shewed - out of parallel. Tried making sure the paper cassette was OK, no help. This is a new machine. some pages worst than others but it is always there. More noticeable on full page scans, look at the bottom and tops. Usually off 2 - 3 mm.

Checked the scanner carriage - OK. Checked paper tray - OK.

Thanks

How are the internal prints ? Any difference from the MPT?

kuby
08-10-2018, 12:18 PM
The sample page is a internal print.

GeneOR95
08-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Nothing found in manuals, bulletins, QA's or on Astea but the only thing that comes to mind off hand is the scanner lamp ass'y. Is it square to the scanner frame or has it been jarred slightly askew?

kuby
08-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Scanner looks fine and is seated correctly and moves freely. This is a replacement for the other one we ordered because the first one was doing the same thing.

Geo
08-10-2018, 06:08 PM
The sample page is a internal print.

If internal prints are skewed , then you can eliminate the scanner or glass they don't come into play when doing an internal print..

nathicana
03-08-2019, 10:14 PM
Scanner looks fine and is seated correctly and moves freely. This is a replacement for the other one we ordered because the first one was doing the same thing.

Any success at straightening the crooked images? I'm noticing the same symptom with multiple machines.

blackcat4866
03-09-2019, 01:19 AM
It's got to be a paper skew if it's happening on internal prints. There may be a loop adjustment, but I think that I would concentrate on the registration rollers, and how the door fits to mate the two rollers. A flat spotted sep roller might make it worse also. =^..^=

bigdaddy
03-26-2019, 09:51 PM
Had this issue recently on another thread. Regional Tech came down today and it turns out the status page is skewed from the factory. If you use a test chart or make one you can tell if the image is actually skewing or not. Our's were not actually skewing. I know it sounds stupid but we tried on 8 different machines and all were the same, no skew to a half mm skew with test chart.

Custom Search