PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 7272 Touch Screen

Custom Search

nikheps
09-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Help!!

I made the mistake of stumbling into the Control Panel calibration screen in Key Operator Mode.

I touched the corners, then the check-boxes, heard the beeps... But now the screen doesn't recognize any touches, which of course makes it impossible to re-enter Key Operator Mode & attempt to re-calibrate.

Ugh!! Any work-arounds?

:confused:

Albonline
09-25-2008, 08:21 PM
To adjust the LCD sensitivity, perform the following:
1. Press the Help key and then Press Key Operator Mode on the touchscreen.
2. Press selection [10] on the LCD to access the control panel adjustment screen.
Note: If the touchscreen is so far out of adjustment that there is no response when pressing [10], the control panel adjustment can be accessed by touching any numeric key on the key pad. Two plus symbols (+) should be visible on the screen.
3. Touch [+] at the upper right corner lightly with a touch pen (something with a round tip made of resin is recommended).
4. Touch [+] at the lower left lightly with a touch pen.
5. As verification of a correct adjustment, touch the CHECK keys at the upper left and lower right corners. A beep sound should be heard for each one. If a beep tone is not heard, repeat the adjustment.
6. After the adjustment is complete, press the [0] key on the numeric key pad.
7. Power the machine OFF to store the adjustment. Power the machine ON normally and check operation of the touchscreen.
Note: It may be necessary to repeat this adjustment procedure several times to achieve proper LCD sensitivity.

nikheps
09-25-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm with you...

The problem is when I hit the Help button, I cannot deliberately select anything on the screen. I'll poke at it like a frustrated chimp and it will eventually get me into some random sub-menu. But I'm never able to tell the machine that I want to get into Key Operator Mode in the bottom-left corner.

pepper38_cnd
09-26-2008, 12:44 AM
I believe if you hold down the help key while powering on you will go directly into keyop mode.

nikheps
09-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I believe if you hold down the help key while powering on you will go directly into keyop mode.

Aha! That did work, Thank you!

Now I just have to get the checkboxes to fall within range, but they seem SOOO out of whack!

Custom Search