PDA

View Full Version : DI5510 question

Custom Search

exCSER
08-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Hello,

I got a message from an old client with a service code on their DI5510: SC46-01. I'm away from my shop and my manual is in the shop. Could someone tell me what this code means? Thanks in advance!

srvctec
08-10-2018, 11:17 PM
I thought that was the code one got for when incorrectly powering down the machine with a print controller installed. If you shut off the main switch before the sub power, that would happen, if I remember correctly. Also, if there was a power outage, same thing would happen.

Synthohol
08-10-2018, 11:19 PM
it means burn that piece of shit to the ground.

Image control
abnormality
E46-01
During image write, APC cannot be
performed for sub-scanning beam cor
rection.
The 12 VDC power for driving the laser
is not supplied.
The laser does not turn ON due to
defective laser, or MPC value is differ
ent.
The index sensor cannot detect the
laser because the polygon mirror does
not rotate, the index sensor is dis
placed, or the index sensor is defec
tive
If copy operation is
being performed, the
machine stops after
paper ejection.
RL1 (main) is turned
OFF.
Write section
ICB (image control
board) power connector

exCSER
08-11-2018, 03:38 PM
it means burn that piece of shit to the ground.

Image control
abnormality
E46-01
During image write, APC cannot be
performed for sub-scanning beam cor
rection.
The 12 VDC power for driving the laser
is not supplied.
The laser does not turn ON due to
defective laser, or MPC value is differ
ent.
The index sensor cannot detect the
laser because the polygon mirror does
not rotate, the index sensor is dis
placed, or the index sensor is defec
tive
If copy operation is
being performed, the
machine stops after
paper ejection.
RL1 (main) is turned
OFF.
Write section
ICB (image control
board) power connector

LOL That's what I thought! I've been trying to get rid of this thing for a while!!

exCSER
08-12-2018, 04:09 AM
Now they called and said its working!?!? Time for a new machine!!

copyman
08-12-2018, 07:50 PM
If the customer insists on keeping machine I have any part you need for it including the PI-7200E controller with system software already installed on good HDD. I have a 5510 & 7210 I upgraded earlier this this. Going to strip parts off them.

exCSER
08-13-2018, 12:22 AM
If the customer insists on keeping machine I have any part you need for it including the PI-7200E controller with system software already installed on good HDD. I have a 5510 & 7210 I upgraded earlier this this. Going to strip parts off them.
Thanks copyman!! They called back and said it's not working again. I'll be going out there Tuesday.

copyman
08-13-2018, 03:57 AM
OK. Let me know if you need anything.

copyman
08-14-2018, 10:22 PM
First the SC46-01 code is a print controller code. The "E" codes are for the main body, so E46-01 is different. I would start by replacing the hdd in the controller but beware you will need to load the system software. My IT guy has always done it for me but last time he said he didn't have old laptop to do it. I have the whole print controller for sale on ebay. You can simply remove old controller and put that one on not worrying about the hdd or system software.

Synthohol
08-14-2018, 10:46 PM
sorry copyman, the SC code has nothing to do with a print controller.
simple search on SSD has this...

Error

SC46-01,SC46-08

Root Cause
SC46-01 and/or SC46-08 at power up.

Workaround/Fix
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. A poor connection exists on the image CB and/or the main CB, or the write unit has failed.
Reseat all connectors on the image CB and main CB. Replace the write unit (p/n 4396-1239-01 for Di5510/Di7210/7255/7272, p/n 4024-2052-01 for Di650/7165 and p/n 4024-2050-01 for Di551/7155) if necessary.

2. LD1 or LD2 has failed and the image generated by the laser is not being output on the test pages. This results in only half of the test pattern being printed in test mode. Generate a test page in the 36 mode, Test Pattern Output mode. Enter a data of 5 which will print out a pattern for LD1 and LD2. The write unit may have failed.
Replace the write unit (p/n 4396-1239-01 for Di5510/Di7210/7255/7272, p/n 4024-2052-01 for Di650/7165 and p/n 4024-2050-01 for Di551/7155) if necessary.

3. DF/E-RDH memory has failed.
Confirm by removing and/or replacing the defective memory.
Note: The standard memory of the main body E-RDH is 64MB. There is one additional slot for memory which can be expanded to a maximum of 576MB. Additional memory is installed on the image CB located at the rear of the unit.
Available Konica memory:
ITEM # ITEM DIMM
950631 MU-401 64MB
950632 MU-402 128MB
950588 MU-303 256MB
960334 MU-304 512MB

copyman
08-14-2018, 11:28 PM
So you are saying the "E" 46-01 is same as "SC" 46-01? It's been awhile but I thought the SC codes were for the controller. When I looked up the code and saw the "E"46-01 you posted about I seemed to recall some SC & E codes that were the same and the SC were for the controller. Actually back in the day there was a controller code the same as an E code I couldn't find in the manual and had to look in the PI7200e manual to find out what it was. I'm almost certain I have replaced the hdd for SC codes. Now you got me thinking, I will check with my friend at K/M just out of curiosity. I probably have the codes wrong but think there are some SC codes for the controller that as same # as E codes. Thanks for the clarification.

exCSER
08-15-2018, 04:36 AM
Thank you for all of this help. Most of my 30+ year career has been spent servicing hi volume Xerox machines. The KM mid volume boxes just filled the gaps and I never serviced more than one of any particular model, so my learning curve outlasts the machines! Does intermittent blank prints with no code narrow down the possibilities? When the write unit fails, are the prints blank? Most of the machines I've worked on over the years print black when the laser doesn't fire.

copyman
08-15-2018, 04:51 AM
Laser failure would produce blank pages. Not black. Could be getting closer to the fix which is similar to what syn posted. Write unit failure would be 1st place I would look.

Even after I pulled my last two of these toner pigs out of service they are still haunting me. They got me with the confusion about the error codes.

I have to get these out of my shop as soon as possible, they are possessed !!!! Ha-ha

Synthohol
08-15-2018, 05:39 AM
So you are saying the "E" 46-01 is same as "SC" 46-01? It's been awhile but I thought the SC codes were for the controller. When I looked up the code and saw the "E"46-01 you posted about I seemed to recall some SC & E codes that were the same and the SC were for the controller. Actually back in the day there was a controller code the same as an E code I couldn't find in the manual and had to look in the PI7200e manual to find out what it was. I'm almost certain I have replaced the hdd for SC codes. Now you got me thinking, I will check with my friend at K/M just out of curiosity. I probably have the codes wrong but think there are some SC codes for the controller that as same # as E codes. Thanks for the clarification.

there absolutely are SC codes that are related to the controller, just not this one.
this is where konica was first in bed with minolta and there was a lot of confusion about the code scheme, there was a bit switch where you change sw 11-3 and this is what it did...

SC/E code screen switchover Switched Not switched (All are F codes) 0 0 0

i mean how convoluted was that? is it a code? a jam? WTF? e/f/sc all codes for various items and it never made sense. at least jams were still a J.
the whole 36/25/47 thing was a bit too much too.
i didnt mean to sound like a smart-ass in case you took it that way, it just reminded me of the 5 year period i was servicing these menaces before the code/service mode thing was finally back to J for jam C for code and there was 1 service mode not 3.

the developer gear that strips, the fuser nightmares... BLECCH!! im getting chills just thinking about it.

exCSER
08-15-2018, 04:13 PM
You east coast guys have been a world of help!! Any time you have questions about Xerox Docutech/6135/6180/4135/4635 I will drop what I'm doing to help you out!!

Thank you!!!!!

PS: Frank, it's sounding like I'm gonna be needing a part(s) from your machine. My guess would be the write unit 4396-1239-01 since it throws the code, or works, or prints blanks. I'm thinking it's more likely than a power problem or board issue. Would you agree?

Downunder
08-24-2018, 02:32 AM
code means I have reached my life -- let me retire in peace - send me to the scrap metal merchant and before I die tell my owner to stop being a miser and upgrade!

exCSER
08-24-2018, 10:48 PM
code means I have reached my life -- let me retire in peace - send me to the scrap metal merchant and before I die tell my owner to stop being a miser and upgrade!

LOL! Great response!! Fortunately (or unfortunately) it's working great now, so I'll have to convince them to get rid of it when they contact me in another 6 months. This beast was near end of life when I first started servicing it 12 years ago!

Custom Search