PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub c224 Not allowing access to Scan/fax option

Custom Search

Pjmwilliams
08-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Hi All

Brand new member and I really hope someone has had this issue before and can help!

I have just bought a Bizhub C224 and it prints great it also copies great also but when it comes to Scan a document I can even get into the menu on the copier it just beeps I have looked at everything on the machine, web controller and even the service mode and can't see anything that will make the module even available!? but as I say it copies so I don't understand while it won't even allow me in on the copier

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
08-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Most likely the HDD is disabled or wiped, or possibly even removed for security reasons. Does it display: "Animation Data not available ... "?

First check to see if you even have a HDD.
Second check to see if it is enabled in the service mode.
Third if you have a HDD and it is enabled, format the drive. First Logical then Physical, then re-load the Movie Data.
Fourth If it won't complete these tasks replace the HDD and perform the second and third step again.

If you don't understand this information and are not going to read the procedure in the manual, your best bet is to contact a technician that will. =^..^=

Pjmwilliams
08-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Thats a great help thanks for the info

copier addict
08-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Most likely the HDD is disabled or wiped, or possibly even removed for security reasons. Does it display: "Animation Data not available ... "?

First check to see if you even have a HDD.
Second check to see if it is enabled in the service mode.
Third if you have a HDD and it is enabled, format the drive. First Logical then Physical, then re-load the Movie Data.
Fourth If it won't complete these tasks replace the HDD and perform the second and third step again.

If you don't understand this information and are not going to read the procedure in the manual, your best bet is to contact a technician that will. =^..^=

Great info Cat, but when formatting the HDD I believe it is physical first then logical.

blackcat4866
08-11-2018, 10:33 PM
Great info Cat, but when formatting the HDD I believe it is physical first then logical.

If you do physical before logical it will take up to 5 hours to complete the physical format. If you do logical then physical it's about 10 minutes each. =^..^=

copyman
08-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Don't think I've ever had to try it but I thought this model needs the HDD to operate? Didn't think it would boot to "ready" without it. So not sure about disabling or removing. I know the HDD was an option on the older models but was standard on the newer models, starting with the "3" series.

copier addict
08-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Don't think I've ever had to try it but I thought this model needs the HDD to operate? Didn't think it would boot to "ready" without it. So not sure about disabling or removing. I know the HDD was an option on the older models but was standard on the newer models, starting with the "3" series.

HDD was standard starting with the C252, maybe even with the C250. They will operate without the HDD.

copyman
08-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Good to know. Thx

Custom Search