PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Softswitch

Custom Search

afterhours
08-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm have a new customer with a c6500. I can't get the machine to do a auto drum potential adjustment. The machine will quite literally sit there adjusting for 24hours straight till I stop it never throwing a code. I looked in the sc history and noticed it has not coded since May. This got me thinking, a few years ago, I followed another tech with a similar situation and found that he had managed to turn on a softswitch that disabled the ability for the machine to malfunction. However, I did not write it down. Does anyone happen to know what that softswitch is. Please help....

Thank you in advanced.

Phil B.
08-14-2018, 08:07 PM
Hello everyone,

I followed another tech with a similar situation and found that he had managed to turn on a softswitch that disabled the ability for the machine to malfunction. However, I did not write it down. Does anyone happen to know what that softswitch is. Please help....

Thank you in advanced.

more than likely it was a switch to ignore SOME error codes ... what are you trying to do, disable the drum/fuser/belt/toner message?

to disable CRITICAL errors from stopping a machine is INSANE! you are just asking for more issues. Figure out what is kicking the code and fix it.

afterhours
08-14-2018, 10:51 PM
more than likely it was a switch to ignore SOME error codes ... what are you trying to do, disable the drum/fuser/belt/toner message?

to disable CRITICAL errors from stopping a machine is INSANE! you are just asking for more issues. Figure out what is kicking the code and fix it.

Thank you. I'm trying to figure out what was disabled prior to my working on this machine. I'm almost 100% certain something with regard to auto drum.potential was disabled but I dont know what.

afterhours
08-14-2018, 11:31 PM
Thank you. I'm trying to figure out what was disabled prior to my working on this machine. I'm almost 100% certain something with regard to auto drum.potential was disabled but I dont know what.

If I turn the machine on and try to get it to come to ready all it does is sit and say "please wait Now adjusting"

blackcat4866
08-14-2018, 11:38 PM
If I turn the machine on and try to get it to come to ready all it does is sit and say "please wait Now adjusting"

I can tell you this much: I had a machine doing this and it turned out to be a potential control error related to developer density. Entirely by accident I changed the correct developer and it worked for 30K or 40K, then happened again. After 3 or 4 of these developer changes that machine ended up getting replaced, so I can't tell you the full cause.

Maybe you can get further than I did. =^..^=

methogod
08-15-2018, 04:02 AM
reload fail safe firmware, and start from ZERO.

afterhours
08-15-2018, 02:15 PM
reload fail safe firmware, and start from ZERO.

Good suggestion. Will firmware put all the softswitches back at zero?

afterhours
08-15-2018, 02:16 PM
I mean default

methogod
08-15-2018, 06:48 PM
should be a fall back firmware that bring it to normal. i would run you a print out to compare, but i have a C6501, not a c6500.

my guess is there used to be a key-card or security device and now its looking for it to ready, but not sure.

Can you ready the machine in service mode? to get some test prints out...

afterhours
08-15-2018, 08:01 PM
I found the problem. Softswitch 11-0 was on. It needs to be off. Right away the machine coded with c4520. Now I can troubleshoot.

Thanks for all the advice

Toxic
08-15-2018, 08:40 PM
How did you get idea for that specific dipws and what is function of it?
Just curious.

afterhours
08-16-2018, 12:41 AM
How did you get idea for that specific dipws and what is function of it?
Just curious.

I remembered that a couple years ago I followed another tech and when I came to the c6500 it was just saying please wait now adjusting for as long as you left the machine on with out coding. After a couple weeks of working on it and research I ran into some info that spoke about a softswitch that turns most errors off but can cause the machine to cycle that way. Unfortunately I never wrote it down thinking is never run into it again.

I am thrilled to have found it again and it will remain in my notes for good.

Custom Search