PDA

View Full Version : Bixhub C280 Won't secure print, Won't ID & Print or save

Custom Search

MrKis
08-14-2018, 02:24 PM
This printer prints from the network ok as a public user. However, if I try to send the job from a windows PC using any features like; ID & Print or secure print or save to user box, nothing happens.

When I log in to the web admin panel, I can see that jobs set to 'Save' are all 'Deleted due to error' and no further details are given.
A hard drive is installed, 250gb I think, with 67gb used, there is nothing stored on the HDD as far as I can see. Used space should be tiny.

Can anyone think why this might be?

Phil B.
08-14-2018, 02:35 PM
This printer prints from the network ok as a public user. However, if I try to send the job from a windows PC using any features like; ID & Print or secure print or save to user box, nothing happens.
When I log in to the web admin panel, I can see that jobs set to 'Save' are all 'Deleted due to error' and no further details are given.
A hard drive is installed, 250gb I think, with 67gb used, there is nothing stored on the HDD as far as I can see. Used space should be tiny.
Can anyone think why this might be?

is this a new issue?

what OS?
what type network?
was secure print ect ever setup?

MrKis
08-14-2018, 04:19 PM
I am trying to setup ID & Print for the first time on this machine, as far as I know, no other Output methods have been used on this printer before, other than the standard 'Print'.

I have tried the Prnt & ID, secure print, print and save etc options from 2 different PC's. Win7 64bit and win 10 64bit. - Same result.
The network is a simple local peer to peer running on the same subnet, there is no domain controller.
The printer can send scanned documents to the File server using SMB - all ok.
Printing over the network works ok too, as long as you use the public user and the output method is set to 'Print' in the driver.

Phil B.
08-14-2018, 07:08 PM
I am trying to setup ID & Print for the first time on this machine, as far as I know, no other Output methods have been used on this printer before, other than the standard 'Print'.

I have tried the Prnt & ID, secure print, print and save etc options from 2 different PC's. Win7 64bit and win 10 64bit. - Same result.
The network is a simple local peer to peer running on the same subnet, there is no domain controller.
The printer can send scanned documents to the File server using SMB - all ok.
Printing over the network works ok too, as long as you use the public user and the output method is set to 'Print' in the driver.

not sure on this unit but on MOST for secure you have to setup USER ACCOUNTS.

print out error log and compare to errors in manual.

MrKis
08-14-2018, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I've had a few user accounts setup and they work on the MFP touchscreen, I can log in, but no jobs ever appear.
It must have something to do with the storage system. Soemthing to do with the 67gb that is being used.

I appreciate any advice people can offer on this one as I'm stumped. Will look at the logs tomorrow.

Leyahné
08-14-2018, 08:13 PM
On the driver you have to setup on both general and on advance otherwise it wont work. To release the job on the machine select userbox and select systembox and then secure print, where it will ask for username and then password where the jobs will display. This is without accountrack on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrKis
08-14-2018, 08:45 PM
On the driver basic tab I have been entering the various user details (for secure print or id & print or account track and user box) using the 'User settings' button or the 'Authentication/Account track' button.
The job sends to the printer as normal but no paper moves, I can log into the user account or box etc but no print jobs are there.
When using the web admin panel to look at completed jobs, I can see the 'Deleted due to error' under the save option.

Are there settings I'm missing under the driver?

Leyahné
08-14-2018, 09:02 PM
1. Are you using the correct drivers? 2. Are you using accountrack or authentication? 3 Make sure SNMP is unticked under port settings all of the above can cause some conflict with the printing. Lastly when you use authentication or accountrack or both make sure the usernames is spelt the same eg. Admin on accountrack and on authentication and on authentication there is a option to link authentication with the accountrack just under the email input.

Leyahné
08-14-2018, 09:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180814/e752b4040e7d3d3583fc3a49c0f9b2d9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180814/9741df5d1558a707501d4396e50e9252.jpg look at these pics and check if you have the same setup

MrKis
08-14-2018, 11:23 PM
Thanks again for the help.
1, Yes my driver looks the same as the picture you posted. It is the PCL version rather than the post script one you have but that shouldn't make a difference.
2, First I tried just ID & Print (the option I need) but that didn't work so I tried the secure print, which didn't work so I tried it with account track turned on and linked to authentication. I also tried print and save to a user box and recreated my users too from scratch.

Just to recap;

I can verify the authentication settings in the driver ok.
if I print as public user, with the output method on just 'Print', it does print.

If I use any of the options that would require the printer to hold the job (Secure Print, ID & Print, Print and save etc), it doesn't print.
I can log into the MFP touchscreen as the created user, but I see no jobs.
I can see jobs sent as an authenticated user in the web admin panel as 'deleted due to error' but they do show the correct users name.

My SNMP status was enabled under Port, I will try again tomorrow to see if unticking this has had an effect.

blackcat4866
08-14-2018, 11:47 PM
I suspect that the driver is not entirely configured.

You see the passcode to access the advanced functions of the MFP are based on the model number. Your driver says C360Series, which is the right family, but not the right model. When you configure this driver properly it will display C280, and probably do what you want. =^..^=

MDR24
08-15-2018, 03:05 PM
I had this exact issue today on a 224E. The issue was, like yours it would say it was sent from the computer but when you get to the printer it would say deleted due to error.

Mine was due to the auto obtain settings in the config tab was selected but wasn't picking up the internal finisher. I unticked the obtain box and manually put in the config settings and that fixed it.

Is there any additional options attached to your C280?

rrrohan
08-16-2018, 02:29 AM
I've seen this Fault when users go from say a C360 to a C364e and IT used the same print cue and simply changed the driver

I'd delete the print cue and try again with the install

MrKis
08-16-2018, 04:06 PM
Many thanks to everyone who helped in this thread, the issue is now solved.

Qudos to blackcat4866 - who suggested the driver was at fault.

I was trying to trouble shoot this remotely and after giving up and sitting in front of the machine, it turned out that it was using the wrong driver.
The machine is in fact an Olivetti c280 and not a KM c280. The driver download from both sites looks to be the same (Size, version etc) and both sites use the same driver for all versions (c220, c280, c360). However, these drivers do have differences, for instance; one calls the printer a KM.... the other calls it Generic.....
I also switched to the postscript driver, but I doubt that was the issue.

My apologies to everyone for not checking the obvious first.

Leyahné
08-16-2018, 04:08 PM
Cool no stress as long as it has been resolved

blackcat4866
08-16-2018, 05:53 PM
It's an easy mistake to make. I was with a Copystar dealer for a while, and it was very common for IT to use the Kyocera driver. For just basic printing you might not notice, but when you got into the more advanced functions you'd find that it couldn't auto-configure, couldn't sort or use the cassette base, wouldn't Private Print, etc, etc. =^..^=

kingarthur
08-17-2018, 08:30 AM
It's an easy mistake to make. I was with a Copystar dealer for a while, and it was very common for IT to use the Kyocera driver. For just basic printing you might not notice, but when you got into the more advanced functions you'd find that it couldn't auto-configure, couldn't sort or use the cassette base, wouldn't Private Print, etc, etc. =^..^=

The amount of times i've installed a new machine and advised the customers IT to install the drivers for the new model, i get told "but it prints with the old drivers", yes it does, but it's not completely compatible, then i get a call a week later because there's an issue and I'm expected to sort it....I refuse until the correct drivers have been installed. I even had a customer who replaced a Biz 223 with a C227, the IT bod turns up and says to the customer "Can you print", the customer said "yes", so the IT bod left....a week later I get a call as the customer can't find where to select for printing in colour....

blackcat4866
08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
... I even had a customer who replaced a Biz 223 with a C227, the IT bod turns up and says to the customer "Can you print", the customer said "yes", so the IT bod left....a week later I get a call as the customer can't find where to select for printing in colour....

Yeah, a customer with a Copystar VoyagerE (CS-C3232E), couldn't print in color. I think it might have had something to do with the HP4+ print driver... =^..^=

MrKis
08-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Maybe I spoke to soon, when I said everything was sorted, or maybe this is a seperate issue.
The initail problem has not returned, everything else seems ok apart from the paper tray settings.

I have put letterhead in tray 2.
I have selected tray 2 as type = Letterhead.
When I send a job as type = Letterhead, the printer errors as No such type of paper.

I can see from the web admin panel that the tray 2 setting is set to Letterhead.
I have also tried setting everything as Special paper.

Any ideas, seems like a driver related issue.

blackcat4866
08-30-2018, 12:49 AM
Back to the driver: Does the driver show that tray #2 is Letterhead? If not you have additional configuration to do. The driver must communicate via SNMP to get that data. =^..^=

MrKis
08-30-2018, 01:47 PM
When I select the button to change tray setting from the windows PC driver page, tray 2 does not show as letterhead, if I then push the button for ‘Reflect device settings’ nothing changes.

So I tried changing the default SNMP name to ‘public2’ (there are other printers on this network) I changed both printer and PC port, after this change the correct tray paper type was eventually reflected in the printer driver, however, it wasn't working properly because it wouldn't reflect further changes I made on the printer and it took a while to see the changes and crucially it still didn't print to the correct tray paper type.
I also tried turning the authentication to off for read (via printer web admin config panel). No effect.

can anyone suggest a good SNMP set up?

MrKis
09-03-2018, 12:24 PM
I Have moved this Tray issue to a new thread. Thanks

Custom Search