PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 Developer Change

Custom Search

ZeusGT
08-16-2018, 12:56 AM
I am needing to change the developer on a Bizhub 601 and I need to know how to initialize the developer change in service mode. I know how to get into service mode and I also know how to clear the development counter. I just need to know how to to the proper mix after the development change.

Thank you so much in advanced.

Woxner
08-16-2018, 03:22 AM
you just need to run the Drum Peculiarity steps. do all of them . drum goes 500k if its due replace it too.

allan
08-18-2018, 03:13 AM
For good measure reset the counter as well.
In the manual look for the list of adjustment items.

copyman
08-18-2018, 04:26 AM
Yes, make sure to reset dev counter before turning machine off to replace developer. Check dev seals for leaking onto dev gears. If dev gets on the gears they will chew the teeth up quick and result in blank pages because dev not turning.

allan
08-18-2018, 11:41 AM
About the dev seals.
At 600K swap the front bushings with the rear ones. That will get you some more life out of the unit.
When the devtank is toast its worth replacing it to avoid dev leaking, toner dumping and background on prints.

Don't think that you really need to do any thing if i understand the machine you can just slap the dev in there.
Always followed the manual, but its a ID controlled machine and should not matter.

copyman
08-18-2018, 01:36 PM
Hey allan, nice tip on swapping the bushings. But I disagree with not having to do any calibrations for new developer. Although I have skipped the bias adj in the adjustments I always did the peculiarity adjustments. Even though it uses an ID system it still needs a starting point for developer level. Also this series uses piezoelectric effect and vital to run several pages after setting up developer.

allan
08-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Yes agreed, always do drum peculiarity at service time. With my experience with lazy techs it seems to work ok.

allan
08-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Piezoelectric effect?
The sensor that makes the funny noise?

Synthohol
08-18-2018, 08:11 PM
Tribo effect?
did the 601s have the grid voltage stamped on the drums? been a long time since i saw one.
that was the most important setting to stop spillage, overtoning and saving the fuser roller from damage from build-up on the web.

copyman
08-18-2018, 11:21 PM
Hey Syn, haha maybe it was the tribo effect. I remember hearing some weird "effect" that is created with this developer system.

Well whatever it is it sucks and this toner pig will dump toner/dev no matter what you do! As said on here many times this series was a real dog in my opinion. Never met one I liked. They could of solved the main issue of overtoning if they just used a waste box instead of recycling the toner. Don't understand how they thought developer mixed with paper dust wouldn't crash. Lucky to get 100k out of dev that is supposed to last 250k (pm cycle which I think is low for a production model). And they made dealers & customers suffer with this footprint for 10 yrs (5510,600, 601) Never really changing the design or improving any of the issues !!!

copier addict
08-19-2018, 02:15 AM
Hey Syn, haha maybe it was the tribo effect. I remember hearing some weird "effect" that is created with this developer system.

Well whatever it is it sucks and this toner pig will dump toner/dev no matter what you do! As said on here many times this series was a real dog in my opinion. Never met one I liked. They could of solved the main issue of overtoning if they just used a waste box instead of recycling the toner. Don't understand how they thought developer mixed with paper dust wouldn't crash. Lucky to get 100k out of dev that is supposed to last 250k (pm cycle which I think is low for a production model). And they made dealers & customers suffer with this footprint for 10 yrs (5510,600, 601) Never really changing the design or improving any of the issues !!!

Don't forget the Di551, where this monstrosity began.

allan
08-20-2018, 06:13 AM
The machine must run over 100K per month to get it to be happy. Its the patch control and cleaning blade relief patches that cause the trouble on idle machines.
You can tweak the theta angle and patch width switches to the environment to get it better.
All it needed to be a great machine was a TD sensor and a waste box...

Downunder
08-24-2018, 02:30 AM
no ATDC sensor in the dev unit so no need to run that. Just complete run up procedure - drum peculiarity, etc.

Custom Search