PDA

View Full Version : C364e won't scan to email but emails status & counters ok

Custom Search

itsdonn
08-17-2018, 05:28 PM
First off, I've been here for over a decade under Don N. but something's happened to the account, pw reset, so It may look like I'm new. Anyway, this Bizhub C364e has been set up with the same SMTP config we put in a few hundred in the field. It sends counters, status, no problem, but we get a server connect error when scanning docs to email. Yes, SMTP is on, Yes, scan to email is on, tried SSL, Start TLS, verified ports (587) but 465 25 on other servers like gmail or comcast that work fine on other machines. I reinitialized network settings in svc. mode & re-set up. No change.
IS THERE A SECURITY SETTING OR SSW THAT CAN PREVENT SCAN TO EMAIL BUT ALLOW COUNTERS & STATUS? I found the security setting that can prohibit direct email entry, but it is not set to prohibit direct input and we have made the one-touch button, so that should be irrelevant.
I'D LIKE TO DELIVER THIS TODAY.
P.S. SMB scan also works fine to pc. Using hostname or IP...

THANKS!!!

guitar9199
08-17-2018, 06:32 PM
What email are you using for the machine? If it's a Gmail account, I've found that sometimes changing the DNS settings to Google's helps when you have email connection issues....

Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Are you using the same SMTP address for the meters as you are for the "Scan to Email" feature?

Don N.
08-17-2018, 06:54 PM
What email are you using for the machine? If it's a Gmail account, I've found that sometimes changing the DNS settings to Google's helps when you have email connection issues....

Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Are you using the same SMTP address for the meters as you are for the "Scan to Email" feature?

I use the exact same SMTP server as always triple checked. Same port, start TLS or non SSL, same authentication, or without auth on another server that doesn't require it. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME AS A FEW HUNDRED OTHERS...
Im not aware there can be a different server for meters as for scans, but it's an unlimited traffic account SMTP.1and1.com not Gmail.
Thanks

guitar9199
08-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Might be a long shot, but you could try changing the Subject line of your email.

I've had some office servers that BLOCKED anything with the word "Scan/Scanned" in the subject line, and fought that problem for about a week before I came across that fix.

... Scan to file/email can cause one to pull out what's left of their hair!! (...don't ask me how I know!)

tsbservice
08-17-2018, 07:03 PM
You may try to update firmware of this machine.

copier addict
08-17-2018, 07:19 PM
What network error code are you getting?

mattcoop11
08-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Make sure that the from address which is in the communication settings when your about to scan is set to the admin email address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REGSIS
08-17-2018, 09:06 PM
First off, I've been here for over a decade under Don N. but something's happened to the account, pw reset, so It may look like I'm new. Anyway, this Bizhub C364e has been set up with the same SMTP config we put in a few hundred in the field. It sends counters, status, no problem, but we get a server connect error when scanning docs to email. Yes, SMTP is on, Yes, scan to email is on, tried SSL, Start TLS, verified ports (587) but 465 25 on other servers like gmail or comcast that work fine on other machines. I reinitialized network settings in svc. mode & re-set up. No change.
IS THERE A SECURITY SETTING OR SSW THAT CAN PREVENT SCAN TO EMAIL BUT ALLOW COUNTERS & STATUS? I found the security setting that can prohibit direct email entry, but it is not set to prohibit direct input and we have made the one-touch button, so that should be irrelevant.
I'D LIKE TO DELIVER THIS TODAY.
P.S. SMB scan also works fine to pc. Using hostname or IP...

THANKS!!!

This answer may sound silly but jut to be sure, did you check under e-mail TX SMTP settings there are:
SCAN TO EMAIL (ON/OFF)
E-MAIL NOTIFICATION (ON/OFF)
TTOTAL COUNTER NOTIFICATION (ON/OFF)

According to your post it looks like first one is OFF and 2nd and 3rd is ON.

Woxner
08-17-2018, 11:28 PM
is it saying derver connection error login error. also what is firmwre . if all else fails if this is a used machine you might need to do a data clear. but back everything up first. network clear does not always work. also check to see if the machine has the correct time. in needs to be within 3 minutes of the server

Don N.
08-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Firmware is latest.

SCAN TO EMAIL ON
E-MAIL NOTIFICATION ON
TOTAL COUNTER NOTIFICATION ON

DNS is correct because it scans to PC via SMB & sends meters to me via email.

This all happens at my shop and at customer's location.
Tried my gmail address, my comcast address and customer's domain email address for the admin email (from email). No good.

FIXED!!!
GUITAR9199 YOU MAY HAVE HIT IT!!!
SUDDENLY after I about gave up, when the customer wanted a different email address used for the from address with same domain (@customerdomain.com) IT WORKED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!! <<<BUT>>> I also changed the subject line and text in the body as a one time test, to subject line <see this> and the text was <file>. All 3 were changed with that one new scan that worked.

I did not make the subject line and text permanent by defaulting under the user scan settings. So the subject line and text went back to "Scanned Document Attached" and "message from 364e".

THANK YOU GUITAR9199 !!!

The subject line was Scanned Document Attached and the text was message from 364e.
I doubt the change of sender address fixed it bc we had used several others from various domains.
The strange thing is once it worked, the subject line and text in the body is still the same and it keeps working. Simply removing Scanned Document Attached (the poison pill possibly being the word scanned) has allowed that machine to send scanned pages where it could only send meters and status before!

copier tech
08-18-2018, 10:55 PM
You may try to update firmware of this machine.

Always the first thing I try when SMTP settings are 100% correct.

guitar9199
08-20-2018, 02:40 PM
Firmware is latest.

SCAN TO EMAIL ON
E-MAIL NOTIFICATION ON
TOTAL COUNTER NOTIFICATION ON

DNS is correct because it scans to PC via SMB & sends meters to me via email.

This all happens at my shop and at customer's location.
Tried my gmail address, my comcast address and customer's domain email address for the admin email (from email). No good.

FIXED!!!
GUITAR9199 YOU MAY HAVE HIT IT!!!
SUDDENLY after I about gave up, when the customer wanted a different email address used for the from address with same domain (@customerdomain.com) IT WORKED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!! <<<BUT>>> I also changed the subject line and text in the body as a one time test, to subject line <see this> and the text was <file>. All 3 were changed with that one new scan that worked.

I did not make the subject line and text permanent by defaulting under the user scan settings. So the subject line and text went back to "Scanned Document Attached" and "message from 364e".

THANK YOU GUITAR9199 !!!

The subject line was Scanned Document Attached and the text was message from 364e.
I doubt the change of sender address fixed it bc we had used several others from various domains.
The strange thing is once it worked, the subject line and text in the body is still the same and it keeps working. Simply removing Scanned Document Attached (the poison pill possibly being the word scanned) has allowed that machine to send scanned pages where it could only send meters and status before!

I'm glad this worked out for you. I've had some that made me want to pull out what's left of my hair (...don't ask), and when I saw this little blurb on a Canon eSupport forum, I filed it away for future reference.

....Pay it forward brother!! LOL!

Custom Search